My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3's

3 rides, 3 different days, 3 flats, 3 different wheels, 3 different causes

I think I've followed the rule of threes, and the demons should have mercy on me for awhile.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but did you appease the flat gods by having three pieces of pie?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't let you off the hook until you ride a trike.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad ju ju....you must never speak of this again!

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzTallRider View Post
    3 rides, 3 different days, 3 flats, 3 different wheels, 3 different causes

I think I've followed the rule of threes, and the demons should have mercy on me for awhile.
    Do you commute on racing tyres? Personally I ride and train on super-heavy tyres with massive puncture protection. I have schwalbe marathon plus 700x25s on the bike I use for transport, for example. They weigh a ton and undoubtedly slow me down a bit. But that doesn't matter if I'm not in a race, and they never puncture.
    There have been many days when I haven't felt like riding, but there has never been a day when I was sorry I rode.

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Conti GP4000s, which I've found to be about as flat resistant as Gatorskins. First flat was a front pinch flat, on the race bike, after hitting an unexpected asphalt edge at a manhole cover. I had tried slightly lower pressure that day, and I think that contributed. Second was an explosive blowout, with the tire bead popping off, rear on race bike. Second time with that rim, and I believe it was flawed, but is now toast anyway. Yesterday was a piece of metal, to the side quite a bit, that I'm pretty sure would have gone through anything. That was on the Gunnar steel road bike that I now use for commutes and some base rides. I want tires that perform well even when I'm commuting: will just have to work on my karma.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to agree about "Performance" tyres having as much punture resistance as the puntureproof/resistant tyes. Only thing I have found is that the rubber compound does hold debris more as it sticks to it and that debris will penetrate the tyre with riding. My cure is to wipe the tyre with a damp cloth before rides and dig out any debris from the rubber.

Currently using Lithions on my training wheels and they do not grip as good as PR3's but they do have more drag. Can't tell about puncture resistance yet as only 1500 miles on them and the mould pattern has not worn off yet. But the Levers and repair kit has not been used yet either.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro Race 3s. No flats in about 1,000 miles. Will have one next time out for saying so. But after dirt biking for decades and changing them many, many times I could care less about a flat on a bicycle. 1,000,000 times easier.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)