Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT: Tuning up for 2012, finishing 2011

This is off-topic, but I enjoy sharing such things with those interested. Please share your precious other activities with us, also.

The gospel singing group I started 6 years ago, and which I coordinate, will be finishing off 2012 in December with 8 special Christmas performances to nursing homes prior to Christmas.

Our 2nd CD is on hold as our oldest (and very strong) singer, Rev Carl (81 yo) fell and broke his leg and is recovering. We don't want to make the recordings without him.

We are booking for 2012, and so far have performances scheduled all over the State of CO, including the towns of DeBeque, Hotchkiss/Crawford, Lafayette, 2 in Pueblo and are negotiating with Genoa.

We provide a complete 1 hour service for churches where the pastor is on vacation or otherwise missing, including about 10 songs from our repertoire of 40 gospel songs. This is why we tend to book with small churches - they have no backup ministers. This provides us with the opportunity to see many areas of Colorado we would otherwise miss. In the past 3 years we have gone to all 4 corners of the state.

Anyway, we will likely book several more performances in 2012, in addition to performing in our own church every month with 5 Sundays, and another full Chiristmas booking. We have provided over 140 performances in the past 6 years.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 11-08-11 at 06:07 AM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

benttandem
    My Bikes
    1972 Schwinn paramount tandem, touring tandem French frame,MTB style tandem, Several solo bikes including a Kabuki from the 70's
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dnvr, pm me with the dates and locations of your Pueblo performances as I would be interested in hearing your group. Peter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flypaca View Post
    dnvr, pm me with the dates and locations of your Pueblo performances as I would be interested in hearing your group. Peter
    PM sent
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.