User Tag List

My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swap meet deals . .

Attended Tucson's huge GABA bike swapmeet again yesterday.
    Picked up some great bargains just before the 2 p.m.closing time.
    Folks just don't want to drag all that stuff that's they have left over back to their garage or shop.
    Spotted a brand new Maxxis Detonnator 700x23 folding tire that sells at $30+.
    Asked seller who had bunch of tires but only one I could use "how much?" "Make an offer" he says. Jokingly offered $1 and he said OK!
    Another seller had 2 new Serfas SECA 700x23 tires left; "How much for both of them" I asked. "Oh, give me five bucks" . . . that tire also sells in the $30 price range.
    Picked up a brand new Pace cycling cap for 50 cents.
    A pair of new plastic mt. bike plastic toeclips with nylon straps for $2.
    And a pair of old Christophe steel toeclips for free from a seller who said 'take your pick, don't want to take any of this back home.'
    Swap meets can be a great place to find some bargains!
    Pedal on!
    Rudy/zonatandem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice finds!
    I attended the SFBikeExpo and Swap yesterday. Some good deals, some great deals, and some prices I just walked away shaking my head. You need to know what a realistic price is when buying and selling.
    Did pick up a new takeoff set of Ultegra 6700 triple shifters for $80, Thule Velovise tray with locks for $35, and a set of near new XTR pedals for $50. In the interest of marital harmony, I walked away from a Kuota Kaliber TT bike (Sierra Nevada Race Team bike) with SRAM Force components minus wheels and pedals for $700.

My Bikes
    Salsa Vaya Ti, Specialized Ruby, Gunnar Sport, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Jamis Dragon, Novara Randonee x2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the Tucson GABA bike swap a few years back and it was great! I wish we had a bike swap like that around here.

I got a couple of semi knobby commuter tires there for $3 each. I figured I'd get at least a season out of them for $6. They are still on my commuter bike that I will ride to work tomorrow morning.
    We got a bunch of other stuff there too that I can't remember right now.
    Gunnar Sport
    Specialized Ruby
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX
    Jamis Dragon