Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about those CHARGERS!

Anyone that beats the Ravens is a good team! Funny. I grew up in Maryland and I loved the Colts. I cannot like the Ravens. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the time of year when the Broncos slide and the Chargers climb back into contention? Beating the Ravens is big!
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having lived in Berkeley and Oakland thru my youth, I still remain loyal to the Raiders, however lacklustre (and now without Al Davis, rest his soul!). Although there were a few years when I was a 49ers fan when Joe Montana was playing for them and winning Super Bowls. With a name like Joe Montana, how could you lose?

L.

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew up in San Diego, and still consider the Chargers "My Team". Go bolts...
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

Man of constant sorrow Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    P&R ALERT!
    A&S ALERT!
    S&M ALERT!
    PHIL RIVERS ALERT!

This is a cycling forum. Must we drag religion into it?

Just kidding. The Redskins bumped off the Giants yesterday and all is well.

In fact, if the Redskins played the Giants 10-12 times a season we'd be doing pretty well.

The Bolts? I like the uniforms, and when they knocked the Colts off their high horse. Or something.
    Possunt quia posse videntur. St. Dudel: Epic is stupid that you get away with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post
    Having lived in Berkeley and Oakland thru my youth, I still remain loyal to the Raiders, however lacklustre (and now without Al Davis, rest his soul!). Although there were a few years when I was a 49ers fan when Joe Montana was playing for them and winning Super Bowls. With a name like Joe Montana, how could you lose?

L.
    A.D. has a soul? I grew up attending Raiders games. I got free tickets for all the home games by babysitting for a couple who owned a bar. Someone always gave them tickets and they gave them to me. When I was in high school the Raiders fieldhouse manager used to give me passes. Of course, that was back when they would actually win. It's been a tough couple of decades for the silver and black.

My Bikes
    2011 BMC SR02, 2010 Fuji Cross Comp, 1996 Specialized HardRock
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grew up in Tennessee, and I think the only Raiders fan in the Southeast. Moved to the East Bay, and the Raiders moved to LA. Been a Niner's fan since. Though there is a small soft spot in my heart for the Silver and Black. Only a very small spot, though.

And this relates to cycling how?
    2011 BMC SR02; 2010 Fuji Cross Comp; n+1 on hold today, due to college tuition and a wedding. Some day, some where, over the rainbow, I will get that 29er....

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, you hate the Ravens cuz they're the original Browns; Modell stabbed a lot of people when he moved the team. Perfectly understandable; if it wasn't for Ray Lewis, the Crows would be as hated in my football world as...as...the f'n Raiders. Or the Cowpokes.

I hated the Colts when they moved to Indy; I thought, 'GEEZ, why THEM?' I mellowed a bit after Peyton & Co. took a trophy, but I still like to tease Colts fans.... My daughter is a Colts fan, and one evening, I tossed her a roll of TP to refill the roller. Hit her in the hands, and she dropped it. When she made excuses, I told her no biggie, the Colts drop 'em, too. She got mad...... A co-worker has a Colts coat and ball cap; I whispered to him one day, "Kenny...somebody sh** on your hat." Told me I was "wrong".

I don't really have a favorite team anymore, I just like to see a good game, mostly; I'll generally pick the Saints or the Pack when I watch their games, just for sentiment. But I will ALWAYS root for whoever PLAYS the Raiders or Cowpokes.

david58, it relates to cycling because I will cut a ride short to watch football.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bolts are just setting fans up for another let-down. Not me tho'.

Oh well, at least I've stopped calling Rivers "fingers", not that he has fully redeemed himself for single-handedly losing that game .... [fumbled snap]

"when they were good they were very very good, when they were bad they were awful".

Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    Anyone that beats the Ravens is a good team! Funny. I grew up in Maryland and I loved the Colts. I cannot like the Ravens. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!
    Ha, and man that thinks like me!!!

I was here when the Colts won the first super bowl with Sudden Death..I was 17 or 18 at the time..Looking at it on TV.. Also, I was here and saw Buddy Young of the Colts outran a horse. .. Also, I am a pure Baltimore Colts fans like you, never did like the Ravens either. Why? They should have never let that creep take the name!! They could take the team and steal off in the night, but not the Colt name.. The Raven should be the Baltimore Colts!! Period...
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daspydyr View Post
    Is this the time of year when the Broncos slide and the Chargers climb back into contention? Beating the Ravens is big!
    I hate the Broncos too.. That was the team, when the Baltimore Colts had the first draft pick, and they picked Elway, and that PUNK(Elway) refused to come, he went to Denver!!. Since then, I have been an Elway and Bronco hater!!
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the Broncos, if you haven't seen the SNL skit (last Saturday's show) poking fun at Tebow, look it up on Youtube. One of the funniest sketches they have ever done, which is saying something. Hilarious!!
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

My Bikes
    '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Packers!
    '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a lifelong Steelers fan I really have to question the coaching decision behind allowing Big Ben to play against San Fran last night. If that was better than our backup then our Christmas and playoff goose is totally cooked. If we don't trade up in the draft to get a decent backup QB then the management is just as bad as the coaching. Sorry for the rant but Heinz Ward would have been better at QB than Ben, last night anyway. What the heck are they thinking?

I experienced the type of sprain Ben has in my sporting days and it takes longer than a broken leg to really heal.

Well, anyway Merry Christmas and good cycling in 2012 to all you forlorn Steelers fans out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a dynohub for charging.
    " If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772