We finally broke down and got a professional bike fit today. Oh what a difference it has made! Here is a list of what got changed as best I recall:
- Seat post raised 2 cm. I think the seat post clamp wasn't tight enough and it slipped all the way down to the bottom. And um, I didn't notice....ugh
- Seat moved forward a bit. I don't recall how much it got moved...
- Stem swapped out from a 80 cm to a 110 cm carbon. Last year I broke my right arm in 4 places and needed to shorten the reach while my arm/shoulder healed. Yes that crash hurt like hell!! The good news is my mtn bike survived with barely a scratch!
- New handlebars are on order. The stock Bontrager handlebars are compacts and always felt very cramped in the drops. We ordered a 44 cm wide Ritchey Comp Streem that is much more open in the drops.
- Cleats were moved forward several millimeters and twisted counter clockwise a few degrees.
The above took about an hour and a half to get dialed in. I took the bike out for a 15 mile ride over varied terrain and LOVED the changes!! It's all very subtle but wow am I pleased with the investment at $150.00 each.
My wife says she's very happy too! So life is good at Ramblin Lamb!!
We had the fittings done at Veloce Velo on Mercer Island WA. Ryan from BikePT did the fitting. I highly recommend the experience!!