Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 02-14-12, 11:34 AM   #1
Senior Member ??
Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OT: Great volunteering day

Saturday I volunteered at Adventure Summit sponsored by Five Rivers MetroParks and Wright State University. I was a classroom ambassador for three of the presentations given by different people on their outdoor adventures. One of the presenters I worked with was Allen Johnson. What an interesting gentleman. He's done several trips with his grandchildren and wrote several books about their adventures which were not all done on bikes. Rollerblading in Holland, camel riding in Egypt, horse backing on the Canadian Rockies, biking in Nova Scotia and Germany just to mention a few.

One of his longest adventures was biking to the Arctic Circle.

One of the other presenters was Gary Fisher. I missed his presentation but got to meet him in the volunteer area later in the day. Didn't have my camera with me

I'm going to ask for this assignment again next year!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote