Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horns of a Dilemma

All but for the summer months (May, June, July and August) I work six days a week. I have a full time job running an agency and then teach nine hours in a graduate program every Saturday. I actually like the teaching more than the five day a week job. But I digress. I look forward to the end of the spring semester, because it means I get my Saturdays back and can plan at least one day a week to get in some long rides. I'm now being offered the opportunity to teach a summer session, also on Saturday. I'm really stuck here. I love teaching, I love riding. I don't want to say no to either. If I were retired from the full time job, this would be a simple dilemma, but I'm some years off from that. I even thought about riding into class during the summer (only 18 miles each way), but I'd have to get up at 5 am to get there on time, and not get home until after 7 pm. This is just too long a day for me if I want to have any family life at all. I know it's a minor issue compared to some of the things you all have to deal with. And I guess I just needed a place to vent a little. Why does it have to be a choice between two good things?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of N+1 and the money it would cost. The extra income from teaching must be making life a bit easier but you have just hit the warning sign that in the future there is more to life than money.

I didn't hit this till 2 years ago. Didn't have the extra income from work but I did enjoy it and put a lot into it. Next week and I can slow down and do things at my pace and whenever I like--Providing the list the wife has doesn't get any longer.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan