Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N + 1 -1 - all in 3 days

Bought a 2nd 2ndhand folding adult tricycle for Andy to be kept at his day care provider's home so they can circle Sloan's Lake on the bike path. Fixed it up just a bit, and it is ready to go. Good price, and it will serve the need well.

Sold my recumbent for what I paid for it.

Let's see -

That leaves me with a Peugeot UO8, which I am in the process of ******* (can't use that word, as I get in trouble), but when I finish ******* it, it will no longer be in my garage.

That leaves me with:

My Specialized 1998 HR in the trainer in the basement.
    My Spec Rock Hopper
    My Lemond BA
    My Windsor Leeds Utility Road bike (haven't ridden that is a long time.)
    My wife's Spec HR
    My wife's Trek hybrid.
    Andy's adult tricycle
    Peugeot UO8 - but, hopefully not for long.

That's it for now
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 03-29-12 at 09:34 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went N-1 today for the second time this year. Earlier this year I sold a Dahon StowAway that I bought on a whim and today I sold a brand spanking new Kona Dr. Good that I bought on Bonktown to a lady I work with that is giving it to her son for his birthday. I hope to go N-1 for the third time this year in a week or two after I put an old Trek 930 back together and have a guy at work look at it to see if he wants to buy it. I'll get all of my money back, so, it's all good.

I decided that I was falling into that trap of "acquiring" things just for the sake of having them. I've done that in the past and decided not to go there again. Besides, it's been real slow at work, so, getting the money back is a good thing.

That leaves me with a 2009 Giant Seek 2 and a Nashbar mountain frame build that are both ready to ride at any time. Then I have a 1987 Schwinn Cimarron that I bought new. I gave it the "Rivendell treatment" a few years ago and it is now setting under a plastic tarp with a full set of NOS Cannondale panniers hanging on it as I don't ride it anymore. Then I have a 1995 Trek 970 that is in much need of repair. I got it free, so, I may strip it and give the frame away since it is really too big for me anyway.
    My name is a thread killing word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blasphemers!!!!

Shame, shame, shame on you!!

N+1 is supposed to be a hallmark of the 50+ group yet you are celebrating N-1!! Oh woe is me...I live too far away to snatch up these great bikes that are becoming available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    Blasphemers!!!!

N+1 is supposed to be a hallmark of the 50+ group yet you are celebrating N-1!! Oh woe is me...I live too far away to snatch up these great bikes that are becoming available.
    I tried the 'bent for a year - it just isn't for me. The sitting position aggravated my hip pain, slow on the hills, took up a lot of space in the garage. It was sort of fun to ride and get funny looks, but I much prefer my diamond frame bikes. That was my plan - put several 100 miles on it and see how I felt. OK, but not really my thing.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Trek 1420 triple, Mercier Corvus, Globe 1 700, Motobecane Gran Turismo , KHS Urban X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For storage I put mine in the Pawn Shop Hee Hee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    Blasphemers!!!!

After working on N-3 this week, I have to say that if my LBS still has that 2011 Salsa Casseroll in 53cm when their big Spring sale rolls around I may have to pick it up. Can't really afford to spend the money right now, but I have acquired a few gift cards over the last few months that would take care of most of it. Maybe that would help ease the pain.
    My name is a thread killing word.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    I tried the 'bent for a year - It was sort of fun.......to.... get funny looks,
    I just ride 'em for the funny looks.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more -1 - just sold the Peugeot

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks sharing. we must all keep diligent to cycle out the old to make room for the new. I've stripped a bike that I now need to sell. thanks for the reminder!
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting