Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-12, 06:13 PM   #1
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All
Thread Starter
 
BikeWNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basking in the Sun.
Bikes:
Posts: 4,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Video of the Tuesday Night Hammerfest

One of the guys strapped a GoPro to his chest on the first bike shop ride of the year. I missed this ride but I'm long off the back anyway. It's a fun ride with about 1500' of climbing in the 12.5 miles to the turnaround point. It's a fast descent though!

BikeWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 07:07 PM   #2
Terex
Senior Member
 
Terex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jersey - outside the bibs.
Bikes:
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Is that in Sylva? What a beautiful place. We've stayed a number of times up on the hill above Almond. I've taken my mtn. bike for riding at Tsali, but wasn't riding road as much at that time. Such a lovely part of the country.
Terex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 07:19 PM   #3
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All
Thread Starter
 
BikeWNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basking in the Sun.
Bikes:
Posts: 4,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terex View Post
Is that in Sylva? What a beautiful place. We've stayed a number of times up on the hill above Almond. I've taken my mtn. bike for riding at Tsali, but wasn't riding road as much at that time. Such a lovely part of the country.
Yes, Sylva. We have some great road riding around here. As good as anywhere IMO.
BikeWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 06:29 AM   #4
billydonn
Council of the Elders
 
billydonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
Posts: 3,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting! (Audio was dropping out for most of the ride but nice video anyway.) Hey, what's the slope on that "wall" section?
billydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 10:19 AM   #5
Banded Krait
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Malvern, Pa.
Bikes: Trek Pilot 5.9
Posts: 438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I enjoyed the video. It looks like a great area for a ride.

One point: When you post a video like this, can you please make a note as to where the ride was (city, state)? I had to wait until the end of this video where I saw the name of the bike shop. I then Googled it to find that this is in North Carolina.
Banded Krait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 02:19 PM   #6
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All
Thread Starter
 
BikeWNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basking in the Sun.
Bikes:
Posts: 4,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydonn View Post
I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting! (Audio was dropping out for most of the ride but nice video anyway.) Hey, what's the slope on that "wall" section?
The wall averages 15% for about 200 yds and hits 17% at one spot. Yeah, I'm not sure if he intended to have the audio for the whole video. It would be a lot of chain and wheel noise I would think.
BikeWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 02:20 PM   #7
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All
Thread Starter
 
BikeWNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basking in the Sun.
Bikes:
Posts: 4,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banded Krait View Post
I enjoyed the video. It looks like a great area for a ride.

One point: When you post a video like this, can you please make a note as to where the ride was (city, state)? I had to wait until the end of this video where I saw the name of the bike shop. I then Googled it to find that this is in North Carolina.
Noted, I think that is a good idea too. We're in Western NC as you found out. If you like climbing, well, we haz it!
BikeWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.