Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Trek 900, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '92 Schwinn Crosscut, '03 Diamondback Tandem, '94 Yokota Grizzly Peak
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride kicked my butt... in a good way.

Went on a 40 mile club ride yesterday morning. I've been doing a lot of rides in the 30-45 range lately, and last week's 42 mile club ride left me with enough reserve for a good sprint in the last several miles. So I didn't think this one would be any different. It kicked my butt. As I expected, I got dropped early on and rode by myself. The last third of the route was a lot of uphills, against the wind and I took a lot of short breaks. Several faster groups that did the 55 passed me a few miles out from the finish. When I got to the finish, others were also saying this was a tough route, so I didn't feel too bad over my performance.

The great thing is, this butt-kicking ride did wonders for my blood pressure. This morning was the first time since the Doc told me top stop taking one of my BP meds that my BP was under the target of 120/80!

I love my bike.
    2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '88 Trek 900, '92 Trek T100, 2000 Rans Tailwind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go. Keep it up!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Which bike did you ride?

What??? Only 2 wheels? jimmuller's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '73 Raleigh Carlton Gran Sport, '72 Peugeot UO-8, '82 Peugeot TH8, '87 Bianchi Brava, '76? Masi Grand Criterium, '72 Bertin C32, '87 Centurion Ironman Expert, '74 Motobecane Champion Team, and lots of uncertainty on some
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Spiff View Post
    ...As I expected, I got dropped early on and rode by myself. The last third of the route was a lot of uphills, against the wind and I took a lot of short breaks.
    That's the best kind of ride IMHO! You aren't answerable to anyone, nor under pressure to keep up.
    Ride and enjoy the trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Spiff View Post
    The great thing is, this butt-kicking ride did wonders for my blood pressure. This morning was the first time since the Doc told me top stop taking one of my BP meds that my BP was under the target of 120/80!
    Real cyclists use toe clips.
    jimmuller

My Bikes
    2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Trek 900, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '92 Schwinn Crosscut, '03 Diamondback Tandem, '94 Yokota Grizzly Peak
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    Which bike did you ride?
    The Bianchi road bike.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmuller View Post
    That's the best kind of ride IMHO! You aren't answerable to anyone, nor under pressure to keep up.
    I do like riding with a group, but solo does have benefits as well. A lot of my stops were to take photos. At one point I spent 10 minutes petting a friendly goat that approached me while taking a picture.
    2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '88 Trek 900, '92 Trek T100, 2000 Rans Tailwind

My Bikes
    '88 Cannondale Criterium, Trek Pro Series
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to strap it on! I rode a 40 yesterday and came back completely tanked from the headwind. Yeah, it's what makes us tough.
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

'79 Motobecane Super Mirage

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good lesson for us all, thanks for sharing the info about the BP
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting