Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

bikeradar.com: Paris-Roubaix bikes

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 04-06-12, 09:27 AM
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts

A good read on Paris-Roubaix race bikes;

https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/a...evolved-33631/

"For almost the first hundred years of Paris-Roubaix, riders and teams employed a panoply of traditional solutions. Stronger tubes prevented frame failures; slacker angles and longer wheelbases helped to cushion the ride; additional clearances and bigger tires helped keep pinch flats at bay and made for freer running in muddy conditions; and double-wrapped bar tape spared riders' hands".
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 04-06-12, 11:02 AM
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
then next week the Pros start out on another new bike , again.
Old 04-06-12, 12:27 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Paris Roubaix is one special ride. Only ones to be half as severe is the Tour de Flandres. Special bikes are made- Wheels are special and apparently the tyres. You may bot see the special bikes but a bit of "Suspension" in the frame is required- Wheels have to be very strong but not be rigid and tyre width will be larger than normal.

But it is this Sunday and I hope to watch it live on TV but it will be recorded aswell. One race I do not want to miss any year.

Spike Milligan
Old 04-06-12, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Is it true that Trek's new pave road bike named the "Domane" is actually pronounced "dough money"? I hope so as I love irony.

If you only watch one pro bike race all year, Paris / Roubaix is the one to watch. And rain is predicted this Sunday!
Old 04-06-12, 04:26 PM
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by gear
Is it true that Trek's new pave road bike named the "Domane" is actually pronounced "dough money"? I hope so as I love irony.

If you only watch one pro bike race all year, Paris / Roubaix is the one to watch. And rain is predicted this Sunday!
Domane is Italian for tomorrow. It's pronounced dough-ma-knee, with an A in the middle.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 04-06-12, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1576 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
Domane is Italian for tomorrow. It's pronounced dough-ma-knee, with an A in the middle.
More to the point, it's an obvious anagram for 'Madone' ... marketing uber alles.