Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking out Loud

I have no major problem with "positive" annual awards, although I would prefer no awards.

"Negative" awards are an entirely different matter, and that is why I previously objected to the entire awards process.

"Negative" awards are a subtle form of bullying, a way to get someone to conform to what someone else believes is the "proper" behavior on something like this forum. Sometimes a form of revenge. They are not "funny" except to the folks who run the awards, IMHO.

In my case, I have put a tremendous amount of energy in trying to get a successful 50+ forum going. Many have disagreed with this effort. The net results are that we have 150+ people who have shared some significant factors about their 50+ biking, and over 250 folks who have self-identified as being 50+ers.

We have learned that 50+rs ride like crazy, ride hard (and easy) and have reduced the common stereotypes of "elderly" folks.

In any event, I am finding that this forum is taking too much energy and effort, and I will be reducing my participation significantly, which means, I guess, that those nominating me and voting me "Most Grouchy" have "won."

Next year please carefully consider the effects of your "negative" awards on the psyche of individuals nominated and the whole well-being of the forum.
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fox,

I think you have done a great job with the 50 Plus Forum. I am proud not only to admit I am 50 Plus but also proud to be a member of the Forum.

Thank you for starting the Forum and for your hard work in keeping it going.
    "Angel, Bop Bop loves you!!!"

My Bikes
    Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto to Bop Bop's comments. However, I am confused. Aren't you actually soliciting votes elsewhere in the forum?
    Just Peddlin' Around

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webist
    Ditto to Bop Bop's comments. However, I am confused. Aren't you actually soliciting votes elsewhere in the forum?
    Simply a ploy.

I am going to take some time off from Bikeforums.net. It can be consuming.

See ya all sometime later - a week, a month, a year? I don't know. But I am proud to have known all of you good 50+ folks, and continue to be amazed at what 50+rs can accomplish. You may catch me browsing a couple of forums now and then because there is so much to learn here. But I won't be contributing.

I will attempt to keep the "Bike List" and the "Sharers List" updated behind the scenes.

Also, my health problems just seem to never end, and I need to get those solved if possible!
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 12-30-04 at 07:13 AM.
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry that you are leaving something close to your heart.
    Glad you are leaving stress and headaches.
    Please take care.

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    Also, my health problems just seem to never end, and I need to get those solved if possible!
    You and Nora always have my best wishes, Denver. Let me know the next time your travels bring you to San Diego County.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069