Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Who Uses A QuarQ PM?

I miss having a powermeter on both bikes. I have a PT Pro on a DT Swiss rim on the Parlee but nothing on the Tarmac. I have a set of SWorks crankarms and am thinking of getting the Quarq spyder PM to get my power data. So who uses one and with what crank and rings? Any issues? I'd be using a Garmin 800 to display and collect the data. Has anyone actually compared the data from both a Powertap hub and the Quarq? I wonder how close they are.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one on my TT bike with a SRAM crank set and red rings 53/39 and another set of rings 54/44. And I have one on my road bike with a SRAM 50/34 crankset. I use my Garmin 705 on both bikes. Before the Quarq on my new Cervelo, I had a PT. I found the power measurement about the same when I changed over to the Quarq.

I was an early adopter of the PM and my wife has the same set up on her TT bike and road bike. We have sent both of those PM back to Quarq for service and the customer service was excellent. Contrast that to my PT where the Saris customer services as okay but not great. Quarq sent a power meter to me IN ADVANCE to me sending the one needed repair so that I would not be without a PM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know Hermes, thanks.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My powertap and quarq seem to be pretty close although I have not used them on the same bike on the same day. I've found Saris's support to be excellent and have yet to use Quarq's.

My Quarq is an Sram with 50/34 rings.