Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out my weight ticker

Almost there!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good job

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it up Wullf! This is a great way to lose weight and keep it off. I am down from 205lbs. a year ago and weighed in at 188lbs. this week.

Don't stop at 215
    Last edited by Mort Canard; 04-15-12 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort Canard View Post
    Keep it up Wullf! This is a great way to loose weight and keep it off. I am down from 205lbs. a year ago and weighed in at 188lbs. this week.

Don't stop at 215
    Now don't go moving the goal posts when he's just about to score.

Great job BBW.

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHen View Post

Great job BBW.
    +1

When I was loosing weight, I set goals, realistic goals. When I met those goals, then I set new ones. I never thought I would manage to go from 251 to 145~147(of course I'm only 5'7") and <150 was not the goal at the onset. My first goal was 215. My second goal was 185. After that goal was reached, I figured 160 would be fine, but I managed to get down to where I am now. I now have to ensure I don't loose too much, or get cocky/lazy and start regaining.

Congratulations on what you've accomplished. Your goal is in sight. I bet you feel so much better with the weight off. I know that even when I was down to 215, I felt sooooooooo much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHen View Post

Great job BBW.
    I didn't mean to minimize the goal or the accomplishment. Merely to encourage Wullf to keep improving his health and taking off the weight. I myself was almost 230# at my heaviest about a decade ago. I have set a number of goals and passed them over the years. Some goals took a very long time with some setbacks. Since I have got serious about bicycling, it has been much easier to meet the current goals.

Congrats Wullf, and I will reiterate, Celebrate when you hit 215 but don't stop there.

My Bikes
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Cannondale Quick 4, Terry Classic, Gary Fisher Marlin, Dahon Jetstream XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job! If I ever dropped to 215, I'd be afraid to go out in a strong wind.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort Canard View Post
    I didn't mean to minimize the goal or the accomplishment. Merely to encourage Wullf to keep improving his health and taking off the weight. I myself was almost 230# at my heaviest about a decade ago. I have set a number of goals and passed them over the years. Some goals took a very long time with some setbacks. Since I have got serious about bicycling, it has been much easier to meet the current goals.

Congrats Wullf, and I will reiterate, Celebrate when you hit 215 but don't stop there.
    I know you didn't mean any harm, and I agree that it is good to set a series of intermediate weight goals on the way to one's optimal weight. I was actually making a possibly way-too-subtle/weak political joke for the benefit of BBW, who seems to enjoy the political thing. It refers to some politicians complaining about moving goal posts. To be honest, I don't recall if this malady is confined to any particular party and I don't care.

It really is inspiring and awesome to read about so many people who have improved their health. I know cycling is only part of what has helped many of us win the battle of the bulge, but it is an important part. Congratulations BBW and thanks for the inspiration.

My Bikes
    2009 Trek Madone 4.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work ...Congrats

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sectuer, 1988 Bianchi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official member of the Brotherhood of Clyde...

Lets stop diabetes! Click here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px...nal&fr_id=8067 to donate to the Tour de Cure.

My Bikes
    Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Gunnar Crosshairs, De Bernardi SL
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. I lost 30 lbs last year and know how much work it is. It is equally hard maintaining your weight once you reach the goal, so don't let up. Losing weight is more of a lifestyle change than anything else -- exercising more, eating right, portion control, etc.

Funny thing is that I started out wanting to lose 20 lbs. When I reached that goal, I decided to go for 25 lbs, and then reset my goal to 30 lbs. I'm trying now to reach 35 lbs, but more out of curiosity than anything else. I am happy with my current weight but find that it is easier to maintain it if I am striving to lose more, if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No harm, no foul. I took it in stride. I think after 215 the goal posts will shrink a bit. 210/ 205/ Whatever. But gotta get to 215 first and I'm in no hurry. I know the best method is slow and steady. Looking at my bike journal, I was 227 in February. Once I got on the road bike the lbs shed fast. I think the mountain bike put on muscle and and I went up a bit or held steady, but that is fine with me. I knew fat was coming off.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    Trek 1420 triple, Mercier Corvus, Globe 1 700, Motobecane Gran Turismo , KHS Urban X
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good and bad news for Andy Pose (adipose tissue)