Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Byron,Sam, The Hunq and that Old Guy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I waited long enough, the sixties have returned!

That is, now I'm in my sixties. Strange, I didn't even feel it click when it went by. I'm still riding 100-150 miles a week, lifting weights, and maintaining a 3 handicap on the golf course. I just can't seem to drink beer with the same sense of enthusiasm as the good ole' days. I'll be riding my age for the first time this weekend at the RivRally East, sixty + on Saturday on the CO and Gap trails out of Cumberland. Certainly looking forward to that. I really didn't expect to feel this good at this age.

Marc
    Read Simply Cycle

"I can still do everything I used to, but now I'm mature enough to take a nap without being told." - Me

"You don't deteriorate from age,you age from deterioration" --Joe Weider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irwin7638 View Post
    That is, now I'm in my sixties. Strange, I didn't even feel it click when it went by. I'm still riding 100-150 miles a week, lifting weights, and maintaining a 3 handicap on the golf course. I just can't seem to drink beer with the same sense of enthusiasm as the good ole' days. I'll be riding my age for the first time this weekend at the RivRally East, sixty + on Saturday on the CO and Gap trails out of Cumberland. Certainly looking forward to that. I really didn't expect to feel this good at this age.

Marc
    Congratulations, you did and continue to do something right. I quit smoking some five years ago after 38 years and life began to change for me. I am still not all that comfortable with th is aging thing, but the alternative is?
    1974 Mizutani Super Seraph Road Bike
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really didn't expect to feel this good at this age.

Marc
    You don't---You feel better than that but pessimism has downgraded the Euphoria.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marc
    It's all downhill from here. This is the only ride you will ever take where you go downhill continuously!!
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, a 3 handicap is something along with your cycling activities. You sir are an inspiration.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13