User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first time in my life!

Today I picked up a new car at a dealership.
    I mean really new. Only 57 kms on the dial.

This is the tenth car I have had in 37 years.

I've had my share of beaters. Cars I owned until they needed a repair that cost more than the car was worth. They would end up in the wreckers yard.

I had a couple of "nice" cars when my family was young. I got these when they were 5 or 6 years old and the warranty was expired.

After my divorce, I couldn't afford a car for a couple of years, but eventually went back to beaters.

Just recently, I had a windfall of unexpected cash and my first reaction was to think of a new car. So I jumped in. The only thing more expensive in my life has been buying a house, and it feels good.

I never thought of choosing a colour before. Never had the opportunity to pick a make and model. Never choose accessories, unless it was to buy floor mats to cover disgustingly wornout rugs.

Today when I picked up the car that I chose, I was a king. And it felt good.
    The one who has the most bikes wins.

My Bikes
    Old Specialized FSR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of car and where's the pic???
    Been chatting to a 14 year old girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a new car last year. Its my senior citizen car a subie forester. It sits a little higher off of the ground(think easy to get in and out of), has all-wheel drive, a lot of window, gets decent mileage and most importantly, I can shove a bike into the back with ease. I have yet to feel any buyers remorse1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Man of constant sorrow Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Possunt quia posse videntur. St. Dudel: Epic is stupid that you get away with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    +1

We have only had one new car in our married life - almost 50 years now - that was a 2000 Neon which we still have with 63,000 miles on it. Otherwise, I always look for an excellent condition 2-3 years old used car, which currently is a 2006 Town and Country with 63,000 miles on it. We always pay cash.

So, how about a picture and description of yours?
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last new car I bought was the one I drive now, a 2000 Toyota Avalon. I leased it at first, and after four years when the lease expired, decided to buy it - I figured I knew the original owner. It's still going strong at 134,000 miles, although it does get a bit boring driving the same old thing for nearly 12 years.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 5.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new car! I hope it works out well for you and you have many enjoyable miles in it. Cars are such a big investment these days.

I typically buy new cars and I typically go 10 years between purchases. However, due to the down economy, I am now on my 11th year with my current vehicle and, because it is still in very good shape, I may keep it for a year or two more. I agree with Digital Gee in that it is getting a little boring driving the same vehicle for so long, but I'm just not ready to buy another right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. on acquiring the new car. It's always exciting to get something all new and shiney.

I hope you get many years of trouble free service from it.

My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot, Raleigh Delta (Project Bike)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skilsaw View Post
    Today I picked up a new car at a dealership.
    I mean really new. Only 57 kms on the dial.

This is the tenth car I have had in 37 years.

I've had my share of beaters. Cars I owned until they needed a repair that cost more than the car was worth. They would end up in the wreckers yard.

I had a couple of "nice" cars when my family was young. I got these when they were 5 or 6 years old and the warranty was expired.

After my divorce, I couldn't afford a car for a couple of years, but eventually went back to beaters.

Just recently, I had a windfall of unexpected cash and my first reaction was to think of a new car. So I jumped in. The only thing more expensive in my life has been buying a house, and it feels good.

I never thought of choosing a colour before. Never had the opportunity to pick a make and model. Never choose accessories, unless it was to buy floor mats to cover disgustingly wornout rugs.

Today when I picked up the car that I chose, I was a king. And it felt good.
    Now that you have a new car, here is the rule, you drive that car until it needs to be hauled off to the knackers. That is the only way to get your moneys worth out of it. Hope it's one that gets ∞MPG, with the way gas prices in this country are going, pretty soon, you will buy the car for cash, and get a loan to fill the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what kind of bike rack fits on this new car?
    Does this qualify as an n+?

My Bikes
    2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. I have bought many new cars and each time I feel euphoric. I hope you are obtaining a great sense of satisfaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shopping right now, to replace a 150,000 mile Mazda and augment my 180,000 mile Isuzu pickup. I'd like to buy American, but I've owned only two American cars (out of 25 or so in 40 years of marriage), and they were HORRIBLE, worse even than the Fiats I owned in the '70s. We generally buy new because we go 35-40k a year...I'm thinking Mazda 2. Fun to drive, and I hate big cars.