Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One week, two challanges

Challange #1:
    A winter storm is rolling in and I'm due to leave for work at 04:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, the 23rd. They think we'll only see about four inches but south of us just a gew miles could get up to eighteen inches. I'm going to risk it and not put my studded tires on the Trek for tomorrow's commute.

Challange #2:
    I'm scheduled for oral surgury on Tuesday morning, the 24th. The docs figure it'll take about four hours. No need to elaborate any on this for sure. (nothing life threatening, just quality of life stuff)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck on both challenges. Personally, I would eliminate one of them and drive to work!!

My Bikes
    2 many
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice without studded tires is a lot worse than studded tires on dry pavement. Why leave them off?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride safe my friend and good luck on both fronts.
    BTW - I was riding along the Mohawk Sat, cruising along at about 17 after I had ridden about 30 miles prior when I notice in my mirror a guy on a bent and he looks like he is gaining on me. I run it up to 20 and he is still back there, not close enough to draft but he is keeping up the pace. I think - could that be Lenny? I know he is no where near me but sure would be cool if it were. Well we keep this up for about 6 more miles when there is a big hill, I look back in the mirror and he vanished. Now he could have taken the turn off which stays on the flat, but I decided not to look and just smile at the thought that it could have been you... Happy trails.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it wasn't me riding along the Mohawk. Sorry

The 'bent rider was probably either still back there chugging along, or turned tail and ran at the sight of the hill because as we all know that 'Recumbents can't climb'.

First challange met and accomplished. I anticipated that the Weather Wench was getting somewhat carried away with her lakeshore predictions. Based on the temperature of the lake and the amount of warmer weather the roads have been subjected to I hadn't really expected much accumulation on the roads.

My general direction of travel commuting to work is South Westerly and slightly up-grade all the way. I litteraly blew in to work at 04:00 this morning on a very rainy and wet Nor-Easter and hardly expended any effort at all. It's snowing now, so the ride home this evening may be a bit slower. I still will be suprised if the roads get much accumulation as the air temperature is expected to remain above freezing.

Tomorrow's challange, well I'm not looking foreward to it with quite as much enthusiasm as I had for todays challange.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you made the commute alright Lenny. Be safe in the afternoon snow please.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"We can't control that we have Parkinson's, but we can control how we live with Parkinson's" Davis Phinney