Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 04-28-12, 09:59 AM   #1
Yen
Surly Girly

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lighthouse Century lodging

Some members of our group are planning to do the Lighthouse Century this year after I suggested adding it to our ride calendar. Since I proposed it, that means I'll be organizing the details.

Can anyone recommend a favorite place to stay for this ride, not far from Morro Bay High (starting point)? We don't need a 5-star palace on the beach, but would like something clean and pretty decent, allowing a happy hour in our room (pool-side preferable), a good breakfast. We'll also want a good Italian place for a pasta dinner on Friday.

Any suggestions based on personal experience? I'll also look at Trip Advisor and Yelp, but I'm hoping to get some tips from fellow riders who have been there.

Jen
Old 04-29-12, 09:02 AM   #2
BigBlueToe

Bikes: Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's a Motel 6 right across the street from the High School. In downtown Morro Bay there are tons of motels. It's a tourist town year-round.
BigBlueToe is offline   Reply With Quote