My Bikes
    Kona Dawg-Deelux, Raliegh Competition
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mentor

Howdy,
    My cycling mentor, who is also a member of this board is 50+ and this guy is an animal. I'm 45 and it's all I can do to ride fast enough to keep this dude from getting bored.
    This guy climbs big and little cottonwood canyons (for those of you that know about the Salt Lake Valley) on weekend for practice.
    I would put him up against any recreational/jersey rider. IMHO 50+ simply means more experience and smarter riding.

M.R.
    Frankly I could care less about "OMGeeee SWEAT ON MY FRAME"
    the beef

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhowdy
    Howdy,
    I would put him up against any recreational/jersey rider. IMHO 50+ simply means more experience and smarter riding.

M.R.
    Age and experience does have its advantages. One reason I can get to the top of the technical offroad climbs is that I start at the back. As the others fall off, they show me the route not to take. I generrally get to the top of the climb to the amazement of the other riders who have not twigged yet how I can find the perfect line and they cannot.

Volvo (Latin: I roll)
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Navigator and a vintage Brittany Free Spirit for the wife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the story about the young bull and the old bull standing on a hill overlooking a herd of fine looking cows.

Young Bull: Hey Pops, why don't we run down there and make love to a couple of those lovely young things.

Old Bull: Well Junior, why don't we WALK down there and make love to ALL of them.