Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: N-1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N-1!

My efforts to reduce my stable of bikes has begun with the sale of one of my fixed geared bikes. It was sold by consignment through my local bike shop. I have another fixie there for sale to that has been getting some interest. I still have a couple road bikes to let go to good homes (if I would ever actually make the effort to list them on ebay). Guess I find it difficult to turn them loose. But it's well past time when they haven't been ridden in several years.

Yay for N-1!
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it was a Fixie and not a useful bike
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm n-1 or n-2 depending on how you count.

My son was cleaning out his garage today and came by to pick up our old Santana tandem while he still has room for it. He's pretty excited about having it and I think his wife is too. It's a pretty nice bike. That bike will certainly get more use than it has at our house for the last 3 years. I'm sensing a baby sitting job looming this summer.

He now has 6 bikes hanging in his garage. I told him that the proper number was n+1. He liked that. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Glad it was a Fixie and not a useful bike
    With track geometry and no brakes no less.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    With track geometry and no brakes no less.
    My fixed gear bike would be one of the last ones to go ('75 Masi Gran Criterium / CA build), but I did sell my Calfee Tetra and my wife wants me to sell her Paramount and I really should sell my 853 GT since it doesn't get ridden much.

The GURU Proton is my latest N+1 and I'm liking it so much . . . but I would never let my Ti GT go, or my Mercian touring bike, or my Hercules 3-Speed (which is pretty much worthless as far as re-sale goes anyway), plus I couldn't sell my Zaskar unless I get a full suspension mountain bike . . . now that would be a fun N+1.

Rick / OCRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    My fixed gear bike would be one of the last ones to go ('75 Masi Gran Criterium / CA build), but I did sell my Calfee Tetra and my wife wants me to sell her Paramount and I really should sell my 853 GT since it doesn't get ridden much.

The GURU Proton is my latest N+1 and I'm liking it so much . . . but I would never let my Ti GT go, or my Mercian touring bike, or my Hercules 3-Speed (which is pretty much worthless as far as re-sale goes anyway), plus I couldn't sell my Zaskar unless I get a full suspension mountain bike . . . now that would be a fun N+1.

Rick / OCRR
    I sold my hardtail Indy Fab Deluxe and bought an Epic 29er. My back needed the rear suspension.