Thread: Strava

My Bikes
    Raleigh Misceo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strava

Discovered this ap from reading this fowum. Downloaded it and used it on my morning ride. Confirmed what I already knew, yep, I'm slow. Pretty neat not having to guess distance though. I'm glad it was free! Because now I think I need a HRM!

Soooo many to choose from though.
    Russ Lane
    ATX
    "I'm old and I'm slow"

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strava is cool. I hold KOM records on several obscure segments that people never ride. If you tell them you're a six year-old girl, your KOM status is likely to be secure for awhile. I think I like Strava better than Garmin Connect.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

My Bikes
    91 Klein Quantum Road Bike,2011 CF Specialized Tarmac road bike. 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billydonn View Post
    Strava is cool. I hold KOM records on several obscure segments that people never ride. If you tell them you're a six year-old girl, your KOM status is likely to be secure for awhile. I think I like Strava better than Garmin Connect.
    So very true. I got a KOM and held it for a week because most of the young Guns didn't see it for a week. The only thing I had to do was buy a battery extender because of how Iphone eats batteries under full gps. But it was only 40 bucks for an extender that will give me 8 extra hours. Plus I can check up on you when I want.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile 155 View Post
    So very true. I got a KOM and held it for a week because most of the young Guns didn't see it for a week. The only thing I had to do was buy a battery extender because of how Iphone eats batteries under full gps. But it was only 40 bucks for an extender that will give me 8 extra hours. Plus I can check up on you when I want.
    I have an iPhone but don't use it for recording rides. I offload to Strava from my Garmin device. Different ways to use Strava...

I DO use my iPhone with Strava to view my ride stats sometime.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot