Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 06-25-12, 01:05 PM   #1
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Rans Rockst (Retro rocket) Rans Enduro Sport (Retro racket) Catrike 559, Merin Bear Valley (beater bike).
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
First 2 flat ride in decades.

I've frequently mentioned that I'm generally only prepared for one flat tire but, fortunately for me, I happened to have a patch kit in the BIG bag that I carry on the recumbent.

The second flat was really my own fault. I didn't find the tiny little rock that caused the first one so it got me twice. After the second flat I looked harder until I found it. I figured as long as I had to wait for the glue to dry I might as well patch both inner tubes and rebuild my inventory for the ride home.

Here's a question for you smart guys. Since I've started riding recumbents I've had 4 flats - all on the 20" front tires. Is that a coincidence or is it something to do with recumbents. I'm used to about 75% of flats being on the rear wheel.
Retro Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote