Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sectuer, 1988 Bianchi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody in 50+ from the New Orleans area?

I'm going to be in New Orleans for the weekend of July 13th and 14th. I am hoping to find a group to join up with. I have ridden the levy starting at Audubon Park to the Huey P. Long bridge, but I am seeking advice or guidance on a good route to the french quarter. I'd like to ride into the French Quarter for a cup of coffee and; of course; a slice of pie.

Thanks,
    Bert
    Official member of the Brotherhood of Clyde...

Lets stop diabetes! Click here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px...nal&fr_id=8067 to donate to the Tour de Cure.

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bert,
    You may also want to post a note in the Southeastern regional forum, if you haven't already done so. If you ever get further East towards Pensacola or Mobile drop me a P.M. so we can get together.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sectuer, 1988 Bianchi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    Bert,
    You may also want to post a note in the Southeastern regional forum, if you haven't already done so. If you ever get further East towards Pensacola or Mobile drop me a P.M. so we can get together.

Bill
    Thanks Bill! I googled cycling clubs in New Orleans and found the Crescent City Cyclists Club. They have city rides every Saturday and MS training rides every Sunday. I contacted them and they said just show up with a bike and a helmet and your in. So, I've planned my work, now I just need to work my plan. Later in July we will be a little further East than Pensacola at Rosemary beach. My family rented a house for a week. I understand their is a good trail to ride from Rosemary beach to Seacrest, so we will be bringing the road bikes to ride. Maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee...
    Official member of the Brotherhood of Clyde...

Lets stop diabetes! Click here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px...nal&fr_id=8067 to donate to the Tour de Cure.