Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TDF thread. Rules for spoilers

Some one is going to do it and in the past I was guilty after forgetting that you are 6 hours behind us over here and others may have to watch by a recording.

So just a simple request is that IF you have to comment on the result of the days racing- then head your thread with "SPOILER"

And just to spoil it for some of us--Didn't see too many "White" bikes today. Maybe the colour has gone out of fashion--Or perhaps I was looking to see how some of the sprinters that came to the fore last year were going to fare up against Mark.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just post in the pro forum, which is designed for the purpose? It seems daft to have TdF threads in half the forums on BF.
    There have been many days when I haven't felt like riding, but there has never been a day when I was sorry I rode.

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chasm54 View Post
    Why not just post in the pro forum, which is designed for the purpose? It seems daft to have TdF threads in half the forums on BF.
    Retired folks are daft.......get over it.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even retired yet and I'm daft.

Luis

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I'm assuming it's no longer a spoiler after 12 hours have passed since the finish of that day's stage? So if you post after about 9 pm Eastern/6 pm Pacific Daylight Time (basically the next day in Europe), then you're OK? Doesn't NBC or TSN2(Canada) run their daily roundup at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific?

I've always thought that this "spoiler" thing was kinda weird. I mean, who cares? If you listen to the news on the radio, you'll probably hear the day's result anyway. Why should it detract from your enjoyment of watching your delayed video if you already know who won? It seems to me more an imposition on others to restrict their ability to express their perspectives because of someone's selfishness. Is it realistic to live in a bubble? Where is the onus? And I'm not asking in a rhetorical, mean-spirited way (which one could easily construe from just reading the words). I'm interested in people's perspectives on the issue of spoilers.

Luis

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I am an avid fan of the TDF and will be watching it Live on TV as often as I can. But there will be a few occasions when I will have to watch a recording and I will avoid any sports news or even open up the BBC channel on the computer till I have watched that recording. Nothing worse than watching something that you know the result of.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan