Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I tried these and had to return them, because I felt hot spots along the two ridges. I found that I had to use very stiff soles to use them.
    I put MKS touring pedals on my new build and so far they seem fine although I haven't ridden more than 20 miles at a time with them.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    Byron,Sam, The Hunq and that Old Guy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use MKS platforms with toe clips on my roadie, MKS Lambda on my hybrid but I have Shimano clipless on my touring bike for the long days in the saddle. I gave up the clipless on the other bikes because I got sick of wearing the special shoes all the time.

Marc
    Read Simply Cycle

"I can still do everything I used to, but now I'm mature enough to take a nap without being told." - Me

"You don't deteriorate from age,you age from deterioration" --Joe Weider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to an old ankle injury and multiple surgeries on same - I found out the hard way that I cannot rotate my left foot enough to get out of clipless.

I wanted the largest platform I could find - did a good bit of looking on forums and the internet.

Settled on Speedplay drilliums. Use a pair of Teva pinner shoes with them.

Haven't slipped off, they ride great for me - If you lift your foot somewhat on the upstroke, you would be surprised at how much you can pick up the cadence.

Note: at the time Speedplay did not publish width/length/height. I called them, no definitive answer by tech, so I had them get a pair out of the warehouse and measure.

They seem huge, and just right.

Contact surface is slightly concave -

4" width
    3 9/16 " front to back

The above measurements are contact surface only, and are not overall - a little larger overall due to offsets of surface.

Pricey, but I am quite well pleased.

My Bikes
    Holland Exogrid
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triode,
    It is good you are having success with the Drilliums. I thought those might be an option, but my spouse expressed concern about the comfort of the "spikes." I also called Speedplay to ask if these were suitable for use with a road bike and the gentleman who answered the phone basically said, "not really use something else." Thanks for letting us know these work for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a bad a$$ pedal that is fun to ride in any conditions, nothing like ole skool VP Bear Claws http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAR-TRAP-BI...264#vi-content

Warning, they can draw blood. However, I know ladies that ride em and love em, but perhaps they just like it rough...

My Bikes
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Cannondale Quick 4, Terry Classic, Gary Fisher Marlin, Dahon Jetstream XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Ergons on a hybrid bike. I like them because they work with any shoe, and a stiff sole is not necessary because you have such a large pedal platform. However, the sandpapery surface is not as gritty as I would like, I can get slippage if the pedals are wet. They do look a bit disproportion to the bike size, but they are not heavy.

My Bikes
    Origin8 cx700 build, 2011 Jamis Allegro 1, 2014 Bianchi Milano Dama, 2014 Breezer Downtown 8 ST, 2014 KHS Urban Xtreme, 2013 Surly Cross Check, 2014 Giant Avail 5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the silver MKS Touring pedals on almost all my bikes. They are wider and grip shoes great.
    [SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    I use the silver MKS Touring pedals on almost all my bikes. They are wider and grip shoes great.
    +1
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123