User Tag List

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a colorful jersey

The wife has been riding now with me for a year & she is wanting a colorful jersey. Right now her issue is she needs a 3X & I haven't been able to find any.
    She has a couple that are just one solid color, but she would like what she calls a real jersey.

Just wondering if anyone knows where she could get one or maybe someone knows of a club or something that might have one laying around. I know a 3X isn't very common, but that is what she needs to get over her hips. (shhhhhh don't let her know I said that)
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Amazon.com, I find my 2xl jerseys there. They have a 3xl choice in the sizes though she may have to use men's sizing jerseys. I just purchased a hi-viz optic yellow jersey there a few weeks ago. Primal Wear has some pretty bright jerseys, not sure about their size availability though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...nid=2419354011

That is the search page for 3xl women's kit.

Bill
    Philippians 4:13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what colorful means to her, but aerotech has some tie die looking jerseys in larger women's sizes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember if you're ordering a man's jersey for her that men's sizes are usually two (2) sizes larger than women's. If I am wrong about that one of the ladies here can feel free to correct my impression.

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks qcpmsame,
    I checked it out & she found one that she likes and on sale. As for getting a men's size, I think it might fit her better since it seems like the woman's plus size jersey's think all plus woman are big on top. I wish that was the case. LOL
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She likes colors & designs like you get from organized rides, not just the single bright color like neon green.... Thanks for the info, found some new web sites to check out for the future.
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for longer, that won't hurt I don't think. Her issue with jersy's is being wide enough on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi View Post
    Remember if you're ordering a man's jersey for her that men's sizes are usually two (2) sizes larger than women's. If I am wrong about that one of the ladies here can feel free to correct my impression.
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell her to look at the State jerseys that Primal wear and some others make. they are pretty bright and like the ride jerseys they have scenery representations and state flags on their graphics. Best of luck with her search, it is out there if you want it in a jersey.

Bill
    Philippians 4:13

Pennsylvania and Colorado - Snowbird with bad sense of direction & humor... Retired now Ski Bum... My Ride - Montague - Paratrooper
    My Bikes
    Montague - Paratrooper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go with black with a nice 'P LICE' graphic on the back. Not for warm weather.

In the drops on the roads of North San Diego/South Orange Counies CA
    My Bikes
    KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get my bibs from this guy, http://www.kucharikclothing.com/subl...7704efbpnqcid5 , and he has a lot of plus size jerseys too. I got the Bear Flag one, and will soon be ordering anoter, a couple sizes smaller.
    Freedom is free. It's included in democracy. Democracy is hard. It involves dealing rationally with people you disagree with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try here--women specific and some plus size choices. http://www.terrybicycles.com/Plus/Plus-Tops I love their cycling skirts.

My Bikes
    Road bike, road bike, road bike (folder). See a trend here?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also Team Estrogen, which has 28 jerseys in plus sizes, some of them super bright.

Don't go the men's jersey route. It will be like a sack in the top, and still fail to get over the hips properly.
    Zero gallons to the mile

My Bikes
    2009 Bianchi Via Nirone; 2010 GT Transeo W4F; 1985 Raleigh ElkHorn;1987 Schwinn Sierra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by w2brdbkr View Post
    She likes colors & designs like you get from organized rides, not just the single bright color like neon green.... Thanks for the info, found some new web sites to check out for the future.
    Check out this site. http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/pluswoman.htm . I just purchased a jersey for myself (3xl - Peace Design). Fast service and reasonable prices.

Bryan