User Tag List

My Bikes
    2011 BMC SR02, 2010 Fuji Cross Comp, 1996 Specialized HardRock
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mt Shasta Super Century

Any 50+ ers going to be doing this ride? Will be my first attempt - bike is in the shop today getting the requisite fat boy's dinner plate of a rear cog put on it, so the fat boy has a chance to finish by dinner.

Really looking forward to the event - I have been known to have barley pop from a local brewery in the big cooler....
    2011 BMC SR02; 2010 Fuji Cross Comp; n+1 on hold today, due to college tuition and a wedding. Some day, some where, over the rainbow, I will get that 29er....

My Bikes
    trek 460 road racer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the conditioning been going? What's the elevation/gain on the ride? Hope you enjoy the ride, it sounds like a good one.
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

'79 Motobecane Super Mirage

My Bikes
    2011 BMC SR02, 2010 Fuji Cross Comp, 1996 Specialized HardRock
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conditioning? Conditioning?!

Not as well as I would like, but the 8500' on Mt Hood didn't kill me, I just did a relatively quick century with no pain, and am gaining a lot of fitness by adding an 11-34 cassette on my compact double. If my butt can stand the hours in the saddle, I have a chance.

But no matter how it goes, my Bride has promised to keep the beer cold.

BTW, elevation on the full meal deal is 16.5K, for the 100 w/o Shasta is about 12K.
    2011 BMC SR02; 2010 Fuji Cross Comp; n+1 on hold today, due to college tuition and a wedding. Some day, some where, over the rainbow, I will get that 29er....

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Mt. Shasta double metric three years ago and while it was tough, I did enjoy it and finished with 45 min. to spare on the (13 hour) time limit. A very well run event, excellent support, but yes . . . a lot of climbing.

Oh yes, I did buy the jersey!

Rick / OCRR