rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT but not unrelated

Perhaps you've seen a couple of earlier threads I've started re: people around me blaming me for their flats.

Yesterday a friend called me at 0700hrs (the crack of dawn now that I've been retired for over a year) to ask if I wanted to ride along to Farm tech days. Always up for an adventure I told him to pick me up on his way through town. Knowing that the temp was to be in the upper 70's and sunny, I threw on a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and some sunblock and was ready to go when he got there.

So off we went and the further north we got the mistier and cooler it got! I didn't say anything even after he pointed out that he had looked at the forecast and saw that this was the nicest predicted day of the week.

To put this in perspective: I had gone out to visit him one time while he was making hay as the sun was shining. After a few minutes of talk, we noticed a small, single, and very dark cloud moving our way. Go figure, it rained for about 20 mins very hard on that small single field where he was no longer making hay. One other time he and his wife had gone north on a winter vacation. Spur of the moment, my then SO and I headed north to do some skiing in the Sylvania wilderness. We were out walking on our skis because the weather was unseasonably warm and there was no glide when down the trail I heard someone swearing. To our surprise around the bend came my friend and his wife. He just looked at me. His wife started laughing and commented that he had just said it couldn't be Bob because he was 300 miles south but that it had to be Bob because of the conditions.

Back to Farm tech days. By the time we got there it was 66 and still misting and I was freezing but no jacket. My friend didn't say anything until it started raining then he looked at me and just said "I should have known". He is now beginning to refer to me as the harbringer of doom. Today its sunny and 80. It made for a great ride!

I'm beginning to feel quite powerful.
    Last edited by rck; 07-20-12 at 02:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lil Abner comics used to have a character named "Joe Blsflc" (more or less). Wherever Joe went there was always a storm could raining on him.

My Bikes
    Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rck - are you responsible for that headwind that I ran into yesterday?

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can a state get a restraining order of protection to prevent his coming near me?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around here we call 66F and raining "Summer".