User Tag List

My Bikes
    '88 Cannondale Criterium, Trek Pro Series
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Strava Question

How do I start a segment? I've looked on the website but cant find the answer to this. There is a hill I want to do a segment on but for now it's just one of my personal routes.
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

'79 Motobecane Super Mirage

My Bikes
    91 Klein Quantum Road Bike,2011 CF Specialized Tarmac road bike. 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldsCOOL View Post
    How do I start a segment? I've looked on the website but cant find the answer to this. There is a hill I want to do a segment on but for now it's just one of my personal routes.
    You go to the map of the ride you are interested in that you have done. Double click on the map: On the right hand side of the page you will see a box listing your speed distance and watts. Bottom of that box you will see two tabs, one for edit and one for actions. Click on actions and select new segment. Simply set the start and stop for the segment and save. you can make it private or public.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein.

My Bikes
    '88 Cannondale Criterium, Trek Pro Series
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile 155 View Post
    You go to the map of the ride you are interested in that you have done. Double click on the map: On the right hand side of the page you will see a box listing your speed distance and watts. Bottom of that box you will see two tabs, one for edit and one for actions. Click on actions and select new segment. Simply set the start and stop for the segment and save. you can make it private or public.
    Thanx, appreciate the help!
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

'79 Motobecane Super Mirage

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can go to the elevation profile, place the cursor near the start of the hill, left click, drag the cursor to the end of the hill and release. Then you'll see a button to create a new segment.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Scott CR1 Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want the segment to be useful to others, try to start it and stop it at points that don't require "luck". For example, instead of starting a segment just before a stop, or right at a stop, start it 25 feet beyond the stop. That way it doesn't matter that much whether you had to stop or not prior to the segment. Same for ending the segment. Don't end it right at a stop sign or stop light; end it 25 feet or so before, so that anyone has adequate time to safely come to a stop.

Also, Strava will suggest a similar segment to yours, if it exists. If there are insignificant differences, go with the segment that's already there, or make your segment private.
    Scott CR1 Team