Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "new" gravelgrinder.

I was looking for a short toptube mtb to make into a dropbar monstercross and was offered a hardly used old Mongoose TST/Sandvik Ti-frame. Too long toptube for a Monstercross but the price was very good for Norway so I bought it and set it up initially with what I got lying around. Now I have changed some stuff and it is getting to be a good bike for gravel roads and easy singletrack. Set it up with 8 speed XT and a 1x1 Surly fork that fit the frame well.
    New stem, seat and bars today and I had a great 30 mile ride through the forests this afternoon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like fun.
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Origin8 monstercross, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Surly fork is a nice upgrade over most alternatives. Ti should ride very well with no paint to scratch or corrosion concerns. A fully rigid MTB should be a great gravel grinder. Have fun.
    When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.