User Tag List

My Bikes
    Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this will work

I found a app on my phone that links to the computer where I can enter every thing I eat and it figures the nutrition values and keeps track of weight and all the related data. I have only been doing it for a day and half and already it makes me ask myself, do I really want to put that in my stomach? Its fairly user friendly (it hast to be for me to use it) and if I can keep going with it I think it will help. Now do I really want to stop at Dairy Queen for that milk shake?
    I can also keep track of any exercise and it will do the figuring out the calories used too. Amazing what a person can find on the web.
    Its called MyFitness, google it if you like.
    Chief Executive In Charge Of Diddly Squat.

Taking on a long hill is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you are tired, You stop when the Gorilla is tired.

Now ridding a
    Felt AR4 with Mavic Super light Premium wheels
    Cannonade Hybrid

If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.

In God we trust

My Bikes
    2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What works for me is the realization that every time I put a cookie in my mouth means I need to ride another 3 miles to work it off ...
    ... A milk shake is beyond my ability to calculate ...
    --------------------------------------
    bikes: 1992 Cannondale R500, 2012 Trek DS 8.5, 2008 LeMond Poprad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always found the best way to avoid eating something, specially at a fair or boardwalk, is to simply look at the other people eating the junk food, and ask myself; Do you want to look like THAT? and How many hundreds of miles to get that off? Works (almost) every time.

My Bikes
    Fun bike, city bike, Bike Friday bike (also fun bike)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used one of those programs for a while (fitday.com, I think), and I lost about 5 pounds. But you get fed up with entering everything all the time, so the impact starts to wear off after a few weeks.

But hey, give it a try.
    Zero gallons to the mile

Must... ride... more... Phil_gretz's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '77 Fuji S-10S, '82 Fuji Team, '88 Fuji Saratoga, '08 Scattante CFR, '12 Jamis Sputnik, '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil85207 View Post
    Now do I really want to stop at Dairy Queen for that milk shake?
    I don't know how others are... I wouldn't eat a milkshake if you threatened to beat my mother with a baseball bat if I didn't. I'm not taking in anyone else's idea of fats and sugars. If God or I didn't make it, I don't eat it. There are certain restaurant exceptions, of course, but those are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil85207 View Post
    I can also keep track of any exercise and it will do the figuring out the calories used too.
    One of my bike cyclometers calculates kcalories based on something. It's a number that I flashes by on the display as I'm searching for what time it is.

My Bikes
    Cannondale, Trek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
    I used one of those programs for a while (fitday.com, I think), and I lost about 5 pounds. But you get fed up with entering everything all the time, so the impact starts to wear off after a few weeks.

But hey, give it a try.
    When I was training very heavily on a BB / weightlifting routine, I used Fitday extensively. Highly recommended. If you have the self discipline to faithfully record everything you consume, it will yield very valuable information about calorie intake, macros (fats / carbs / proteins), and vitamins / micro nutrients.

Most people I knew in the BB world agreed that tracking nutrition on Fitday was almost as important as the time they spent in the gym.
    Regards,
    Duncan

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trainingpeaks.com works well for nutrition tracking, and if you use it for your workouts as well, you can see where you stand from a net calorie standpoint.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn, just started reading this thread after a big piece of blueberry pie and a glass of milk!! But then again I did 28 miles today so.....
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Phil_gretz;14534428]I don't know how others are... I wouldn't eat a milkshake if you threatened to beat my mother with a baseball bat if I didn't. I'm not taking in anyone else's idea of fats and sugars. If God or I didn't make it, I don't eat it. There are certain restaurant exceptions, of course, but those are few.

Just what make you think God didn't make a Dairy Queen milk shake. If God made everything on earth then ...
    Chief Executive In Charge Of Diddly Squat.

Taking on a long hill is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you are tired, You stop when the Gorilla is tired.

Now ridding a
    Felt AR4 with Mavic Super light Premium wheels
    Cannonade Hybrid

If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.

In God we trust