Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 08-22-12, 08:46 PM   #1
NOS88

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
An inventory may be in order

If you are at all like me, an inventory of bike parts may be in order. This week I installed a second two bike, bike rack on my sun porch. This will allow me to quickly ride any one of four bikes without having to do much more than pump up the tires. So, Iím loading the fourth bike and see that there are no pedals on it. Iím thinking Iíll need to order another pair of Keo Sprints (Iím riding Keoís on all my road bikes). So, I start doing some online searching. Found a pair at a reasonable price. Before I can order, my wife asks if I can move one of the bins I keep bike parts in so she can get to her loom. As I pick up the bin, the contents shift and there, now in plain sight, is a pair of Keoís. I had completely forgotten about them. So, I spend the next two hours going through bin after bin and find all kinds of goodies Iíd forgotten about. This coming weekend if busy, but the following one will be set aside for a complete inventory.
Old 08-23-12, 05:37 AM   #2
qcpmsame 
Cycling Saved My Life

Bikes: '12 CAAD 10 Ultegra, '78 Medici Pro Strada
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Great idea NOS, I need to do the same thing. new bike work stand came yesterday and I assembled it last night. Now I need to organize all the parts and spares I have then sell my motocrosser for the room. It is all well meant now, if I can rememeber to use my inventory list before I order a part.

Bill
I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

"I did not choose to have Parkinson's Disease, I do choose not to allow it to control my life." Davis Phinney

Semper Fi, USMC, November 10, 1775, Tun Tavern, Philadelphia, PA.

qcpmsame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:53 AM   #3
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: De Rosa Super Prestige, Colnago Nuova Mexico, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Pinarello Gavia, Schwinn Paramount, Motobecane Grand Record, Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Origin8 monstercross, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
I'm also reorganizing the bike storage and went through my bike parts.

I ended up ordering two bike racks from Nashbar for home bike storage earlier this week.

I also came up with a half dozen new bike components that I should put on eBay. It should help offset the cost of the racks.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Barrettscv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:45 AM   #4
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I did an inventory a few years ago, put similar parts/bits in marked boxes . . . very organized (I thought). Now, however, several bike builds and countless repair jobs later, it's time to do it again. While there is still some organization apparent, there are certainly corners and shelves that are reverting to the usual shambles.

But I'll wait until winter . . . when it's cool in the garage .

Rick / OCRR
Rick@OCRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 11:23 AM   #5
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
I put all my spare bike parts in safe places. Now I can't find any of them.
pdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote