Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An inventory may be in order

If you are at all like me, an inventory of bike parts may be in order. This week I installed a second two bike, bike rack on my sun porch. This will allow me to quickly ride any one of four bikes without having to do much more than pump up the tires. So, Iím loading the fourth bike and see that there are no pedals on it. Iím thinking Iíll need to order another pair of Keo Sprints (Iím riding Keoís on all my road bikes). So, I start doing some online searching. Found a pair at a reasonable price. Before I can order, my wife asks if I can move one of the bins I keep bike parts in so she can get to her loom. As I pick up the bin, the contents shift and there, now in plain sight, is a pair of Keoís. I had completely forgotten about them. So, I spend the next two hours going through bin after bin and find all kinds of goodies Iíd forgotten about. This coming weekend if busy, but the following one will be set aside for a complete inventory.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Banned.
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea NOS, I need to do the same thing. new bike work stand came yesterday and I assembled it last night. Now I need to organize all the parts and spares I have then sell my motocrosser for the room. It is all well meant now, if I can rememeber to use my inventory list before I order a part.

Bill

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also reorganizing the bike storage and went through my bike parts.

I ended up ordering two bike racks from Nashbar for home bike storage earlier this week.

I also came up with a half dozen new bike components that I should put on eBay. It should help offset the cost of the racks.
    2014 Trek DS.1: "Viaggiatore" A do-it-all bike that is waiting in Italy
    2012 Pedal Force CG2: "Secolo Bicicletta" the modern carbon fiber road bike
    2012 Pedal Force CX2: "Carbone CX" the carbon fiber CX bike
    2010 Origin 8 CX 700: "Servizio Grave" Monstercross/29er bike
    1997 Simoncini Special Cyclocross: "Little Simon" lugged Columbus steel CX bike
    1987 Serotta Nova Special X: "Azzurri" The retro Columbus SPX steel road bike

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did an inventory a few years ago, put similar parts/bits in marked boxes . . . very organized (I thought). Now, however, several bike builds and countless repair jobs later, it's time to do it again. While there is still some organization apparent, there are certainly corners and shelves that are reverting to the usual shambles.

But I'll wait until winter . . . when it's cool in the garage .

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put all my spare bike parts in safe places. Now I can't find any of them.