User Tag List

My Bikes
    Felt Z5, Trek 7100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek Domane 2.0?

I am looking to trade my Felt Z100 on a Trek Domane 2.0. Does anyone have any experience with the Trek Domane 2.0? I was wondering if I should expect the Trek to be any faster. Would this trade be more of a lateral trade? Thanks for any information or input!

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any experience with either bike, however, the Trek does have better components than your current Felt. Since both frames are aluminum, you may save some weight on the frame if the Trek frame is actually lighter. Where you will notice the difference is the components. The Trek (with an all Tiagra groupo) will shift faster, cleaner and smoother than the Felt, with a mixture of lower end components. The Tiagra components will save you some weight, but not much. I made this statement according to the information given for each bike on their respective web page.

As for the speed, work on the engine. You may gain a 1-2 mph difference in speed going from an aluminum frame to a CF frame because of the difference in power transfer, but the engine is what will make the overall difference.

Then of course, there is the "I want a new bike", or the N+1 factor. If this is the case, I say go for it!
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    Felt Z5, Trek 7100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John, your input is appreciated!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Madone with a more comfortable, light weight, saddle suspension scheme.

'Fast' is still about the work you put into the pedals , but like the Madone,
    its like what the top racers ride.

[because they ride fast people get the idea the bikes are fast, which aids sales]

My Bikes
    Felt Z5, Trek 7100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I should said "quicker with the same power output" thanks!

My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_V View Post
    You may gain a 1-2 mph difference in speed going from an aluminum frame to a CF frame because of the difference in power transfer
    I better sell my Madone cause the speeds I post on my 98 Cannondale are nearly identical to the full carbon Madone, same wheels etc.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be wrong but isn't the Domane the new Race bike for Cancelara? Probably a high end version but too new for me to have seen one or read any reviews over here.

As to the bike being any faster- that is down to you and certain other things like the size of your wallet. Light bike- light wheels- top end components and providing those items are higher than your Felt- then it could be faster.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be more comfortable due to the new seat tube design. Change in top speed for you (and anyone else) will be right around zero mph. You won't find many folks with experience with one since it's been out about a month.
    Regards,
    Chuck

Demain, on roule!

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the Domane Trek's answer to the Roubaix? Looks like a good bike, but I think the floating seat tube/top tube junction is a bit of technological overkill.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Trek 610, Cannondale Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Domane is Trek's endurance frame, along the lines of the Roubaix, Cannondale Synapse, Giant Defy, or any of Felt's Z series. I'm not sure the Domane 2.0 is a big enough step up from what you have to be worth you spending the money on it. Is there something more you're wanting out of a bike that the Z100 is not giving you?
    Only mad dogs, Englishmen, and triathletes go out in the mid day sun.

My Bikes
    2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of the Domane, but I would have to ride one on chip seal to really tell if it is any more comfortable than my Roubaix. I like the components on my Roubaix; so, buying a frame is the only way I would consider a Domane. I also do not want to give up my Selle Italia Monlink saddle and seat post. The Monolink seatpost won't work on the Domane.