Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Changing Office Hours - More Ride Time!

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 02:22 AM

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Next week I go from 15:00 - 23:30 to 03:15 - 11:45! I did like the 2nd shift but had a hard time getting up early enough to get something done and ride in the same day before work. But my new shift should make a 1 hr ride very plausable most days! I'm really looking forward to it. And I get to sleep when it's dark! With any kind of luck and disipline I'll get 200 miles next month. WooHoo!
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.
Old 08-29-12, 02:40 AM

Bikes: Nothing amazing... cheap old 21 speed mtb

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
3 to 11:30 would give me time for really long rides. I know I only need to sleep 5 1/2 to 6 hours to feel okay. Get home, get to sleep around 1am, get up at 7am and ride until 10-11am. My wife would be working, Kids at school and kindy... a metric century every day. Nice hours.
Old 08-29-12, 03:37 AM

Bikes: 2011 Trek 8.4 DS

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My job is implementing either a 11a-11p or 12 noon to midnight shift. The 12-12 would be perfect for me so I could ride every morning before going to work.
Old 08-31-12, 09:40 AM

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last day of 2nd shift! Just got up and it'll take me an hr to be awake enough for a ride. I thought something like starting work at 3 pm would give me lots of time during the day, but the reality is stay up to late after work. Next week I'll have a full 6 hours during daylight, right after work, for chores and riding so shouldn't be any reason I can't do plenty of 60 min high intensity rides to lose the 15 pounds before winter.
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.