Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, '09 Fiji Aloha 1.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Old Southern Hospitality in Dothan, AL!

A big shout out to Joe V. and Paul H. and several other members of the Dothan Area Cyclists. I was treated to good old fashioned Southern Hospitality and a great ride around the hills of Dothan, AL.

I was in the area for the wedding of my Goddaughter to a Chopper pilot out of Ft. Rucker. Thanks to Joe for helping me find a ride for Saturday, and to Paul and Chris H. for picking me up at the Hotel and dropping me off after the ride.

Paul had a 50 mi "hill fest" planned. We did the normal DAC 39 mi route, more or less, and added in hill repeats on the longer and more challenging hills on the ride. I was a rare treat for this old Fla flatlander to get in some nice climbs and fast rollers.

Anyone visiting the Dothan area will do well to check their website at www.dothanareacyclists.com and get in a ride with a great bunch.
    BT
    '09 Motobecane Immortal Pro, with lollipops
    '09 Fuji Aloha 1.0 TT build. with lollipops
    '09 Lamborghini Viaggio Tandem
    '06 Mongoose Commuter
    '02 Diamondback Hybrid
    "Oh, to be 60 again!"

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...c/exercise.png

My Bikes
    2011 BMC SR02, 2010 Fuji Cross Comp, 1996 Specialized HardRock
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a WONDERFUL time riding in Alabama over the past year or so when I am there on business. A whole lot of great rides, and nice people. And sweet tea, catfish, and hushpuppies.
    2011 BMC SR02; 2010 Fuji Cross Comp; n+1 on hold today, due to college tuition and a wedding. Some day, some where, over the rainbow, I will get that 29er....