Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-02-12, 07:04 PM   #1
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Old Southern Hospitality in Dothan, AL!

A big shout out to Joe V. and Paul H. and several other members of the Dothan Area Cyclists. I was treated to good old fashioned Southern Hospitality and a great ride around the hills of Dothan, AL.

I was in the area for the wedding of my Goddaughter to a Chopper pilot out of Ft. Rucker. Thanks to Joe for helping me find a ride for Saturday, and to Paul and Chris H. for picking me up at the Hotel and dropping me off after the ride.

Paul had a 50 mi "hill fest" planned. We did the normal DAC 39 mi route, more or less, and added in hill repeats on the longer and more challenging hills on the ride. I was a rare treat for this old Fla flatlander to get in some nice climbs and fast rollers.

Anyone visiting the Dothan area will do well to check their website at www.dothanareacyclists.com and get in a ride with a great bunch.
bobthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-12, 10:27 PM   #2
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had a WONDERFUL time riding in Alabama over the past year or so when I am there on business. A whole lot of great rides, and nice people. And sweet tea, catfish, and hushpuppies.
david58 is offline   Reply With Quote