Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wore out another rear sprocket cluster and a pair of tires.

My bike can't keep up with me even though it's a lot younger.

Trek1..jpg
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculptor7 View Post
    My bike can't keep up with me even though it's a lot younger.

Trek1..jpg
    Good for you. Just means you're riding lots.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you wear out Tyres? Mine get ripped to shreds before the Rubber wears out--And I am replacing one tyre today on the Pinnie due to the puncture I got one mile from home last Sunday. Repaired the tube but the hole was a bit of a ragged tear and not a thorn. Pumped back up and the side wall went bang. Only done a few hundred miles on that one.

But the original Michelin Pro 2's that I bought in 2007 and took off the bike in 2008 as they were getting a bit cut up and kept as spares in the shed- Still have good rubber on them so have been pressed back into service. Just hope they last till I get a replacement tyre. They have done on previous occasions--About 5 in fact.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!! Just don't flip that stem or your bike will have you in the poor house.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---
    2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 "Racing Edition"--The bike shop owner said it's toast after the car-bike accident. R.I.P.
    * * 2014 or 2015 CAAD 10 3 coming soon. Decision time. * *

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    How do you wear out Tyres?
    Riding thousands of miles?

(Actually, i am sure they have some miles left but I prefer to err on the side of caution.)
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Great!! Just don't flip that stem or your bike will have you in the poor house.
    Sorry, don't understand. Why would I flip the stem and why, if I did, would it put me in the poor house?
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride a fixed gear, and I'm on my fifth 1/8-inch chain and third rear cog, and I still haven't spent what it would have cost to replace a 10sp cassette and chain!

Luis

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post
    I ride a fixed gear, and I'm on my fifth 1/8-inch chain and third rear cog, and I still haven't spent what it would have cost to replace a 10sp cassette and chain!

Luis
    Mine's an eight speed and costs $44.00. Going to install it myself.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We Saw "Premium Rush" Yesterday; Enjoyed it.

My wife surprised me by wanting to see "Premium Rush", the movie about New York Bicycle Messengers. We both enjoyed it very much. Lots of action and the bad guy (a crooked cop) almost stole the show.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

My Bikes
    Trek 1420 triple, Mercier Corvus, Globe 1 700, Motobecane Gran Turismo , KHS Urban X
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculptor7 View Post
    My wife surprised me by wanting to see "Premium Rush", the movie about New York Bicycle Messengers. We both enjoyed it very much. Lots of action and the bad guy (a crooked cop) almost stole the show.
    Just exactly how crooked was he??
    I saw the movie also and enjoyed it. I didn't see in the credits but was that Danny MacAskill doing stunts?

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesw2 View Post
    Just exactly how crooked was he??
    I saw the movie also and enjoyed it. I didn't see in the credits but was that Danny MacAskill doing stunts?
    Not sure if you would categorize him so much as crooked as psychopathic. Well, actually both.
    Don't know anything about stunt men but there were certainly a sufficient number of stunts.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got bike back today. Turns out I did not need to replace the rear cogset after all. The derailleur was slightly bent and needed adjustment. Should have realized that could have been the problem. Think I will try even harder to avoid cross-gearing as I think that may have been what caused it to be pulled out of line. Am extremely careful about subjecting the derailleur to accidental knocks.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1