rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brain flatulence

I awoke on this sat. past thinking that while the night ride of fri. was fun it hardly paid for all of the sweets I had eaten the previous morning. Ergo, I loaded the bike into my car drove a bit north and jumped the trail for a bit more riding.

A short jaunt got me to New Glarus where I spoke with some friends that were at the art fair and indulged in a brat and a hot dog. Good for you food! After a bit of that I got back on the bike, which sagged only a little and headed back to the car via an alternative rte. Pretty innocuous to this point. However, when I got back to the car I decided to do a few more miles. I stripped off my jacket as it was quite warm, locked up and then looked at my keys and thought "how do I carry these"? I was wearing a tee sans pockets and had road shorts on, no pocket. They were too bulky to tie onto my shoes and I couldn't find any string in the car to drape them around my neck. I thought about tying them to the drawstring on my shorts but didn't want people to think that I was showing off.

It took only 10 minutes of agony before the lightning bolt of true genuis struck me and I realized that I could put them in the small saddle bag that I always have hung on the bike for the express purpose of carrying such items as a tire repair kit, an all purpose tool and yes the occasional set of keys. Sigh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a long way to go before you can match my sojourn through a Jack in the Box drivethru, where I ordered food, paid for food, got the receipt, and went ALL THE WAY HOME before remembering that I hadn't actually RECEIVED the food! Go back and face the laughter of every employee present, then go back home to the family who laughed even harder...

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
    You have a long way to go before you can match my sojourn through a Jack in the Box drivethru, where I ordered food, paid for food, got the receipt, and went ALL THE WAY HOME before remembering that I hadn't actually RECEIVED the food! Go back and face the laughter of every employee present, then go back home to the family who laughed even harder...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of sight; out of mind. Happens to me a fair bit. BTW, we stopped at the New Glarus Brewing Company this summer while visiting friends. How close is that to where you were riding?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just push the FOB if you have one or key between my leg and shorts. It has never hurt the shorts and 3 minutes later I don't even remember it is there.

A BRAT and a HOT DOG! Bad Boy, Bad boy!
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have had Pie. All that healthy fruit and sugars and carbs does wonders for the brain---And makes the "T" tighter so you could have put the keys anywhere and they would not have moved.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the New Glarus Bakery still around? How about stopping by the brewery for a tour and samples?

Just trying to help.
    Craig in Indy

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not as bad as bringing a GPS on a ride and not using it and getting lost, but thanks for sharing!
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
    Thank you Dave-I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post
    Out of sight; out of mind. Happens to me a fair bit. BTW, we stopped at the New Glarus Brewing Company this summer while visiting friends. How close is that to where you were riding?
    NOS-The Sugar River trailhead is right in NG the Brewery is up the hill on the south side about a mile away. Next time you come up this way bring a bike and let me know and we can do a trail ride or road as I know a couple of decent routes in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    Is the New Glarus Bakery still around? How about stopping by the brewery for a tour and samples? Just trying to help.
    Craig-Yes the bakery is still there albeit under newer management.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]