Thread: birthday ride ?

My Bikes
    recumbent & upright
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

birthday ride ?

According to the clock of life, I should be 59 today; however according to one of those "biological age" sites- I'm 49. Among today's events work, usual household chores and cavorting - time got short for a birthday ride. It was windy, cool, a touch rainy and nearly dark when I got to 49, decided that I had ridden my age. Did I warp the system?

PS. I had pie instead of cake.
    ride long & prosper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you look at two 'systems' for your age, you need to add them together to figure your ride length... or maybe you need to average them... or maybe you need to do the higher... or maybe you need to do the lower... I think that the fact that you rode on your birthday is what matters!

train safe--

(and happy birthday)

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And my biological clock says I am 18.

That will make it nice for my birthday in November.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife insists I behave like a two-year-old. That's really going to affect my birthday ride length if we start accepting non-chronological systems.

Nap time.

Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My next one is 59-congrats on the birthday and hope you go flat free for the year.
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birthday rides are just a ride on your birthday so at least you got a decent ride in- but beware. Winter is coming and you still have to ride your ACTUAL age. Don't fancy that on a cold wet and windy day that I am sending your way.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just turned 64 (haven't ridden my age this year). Out of curiosity I googled one of those quizzes and got a biological age of 47. But I had to cheat by picking the food groups I knew they would overweight rather than the low carb I actually eat.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martianone View Post
    Among today's events work, usual household chores and cavorting - time got short for a birthday ride. It was windy, cool, a touch rainy and nearly dark when I got to 49, decided that I had ridden my age. Did I warp the system?
    The cavorting is the culprit. Get that out of your daily routine, and I'm sure that next year you'll have no problem at all acting your age and doing a proper birthday ride!

PS Where in Vermont are you? We spend a lot of our vacation time in northern Vermont.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you screwed up the system for all of us. Happy belated birthday. It's nice to ride on your birthday if you can, but it's also nice to ride the day after your birthday, and the day after that, and....
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 50th was in Scotland, on a long bike tour, my 65th is next month, in Oregon, not on tour.

My Bikes
    recumbent & upright
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gevad View Post
    The cavorting is the culprit. Get that out of your daily routine, and I'm sure that next year you'll have no problem at all acting your age and doing a proper birthday ride!

PS Where in Vermont are you? We spend a lot of our vacation time in northern Vermont.
    live in the NEK, where do you summer ?
    ps, my wife helped with the cavorting
    ride long & prosper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martianone View Post
    live in sthe NEK, where do you summer ?
    My parents owned a non-working dairy farm in South Woodbury for about 30 years. Love that part of VT. Now we're based in Burlington when we're up there, although we spend as much time hiking as we can (hiked the Long Trail with one of my daughters back in 2010).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was born September 1, 1956. That means I turned 56 last Saturday. I rode 56.4 miles on Saturday, and the Buckeyes of The Ohio State University, my alma mater, scored 56 points that day. Recognizing that the lottery is a tax on the mathematically impaired, I decided not to play 56 in the lottery last Saturday and, not surprisingly, it didn't come up.

Riding your chronological age in miles on your birthday (or the closest possible weekend) is the rule. Break it, and you might be sentenced to rooting for Michigan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I turned 56 I did double my age. Thought it would be a good goal for future birthdays. Realized that riding that far bores me. Now, if I ride on my birthday, that's great. If I don't, that's great too. I'm more interested in making sure that I just get to the birthday than actually doing anything on it. There are 364 other days to think about. They should all be celebrated.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."