User Tag List

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bad dream, second time around?

Well crap, the remnants of Hurricane Isaac has slipped off the coast here as a low pressure area earlier this week. NHC/NWS says a 40% +/- chance of becoming a tropical system, again. Lets see the last time I remember storm remnants regenerating as a new tropical system was a little storm named Katrina, around 2005, I think. Right now the low is sitting in the Gulf, south of Pensacola/Mobile kind of drifting slightly and slowly westward.

We got a lot of rain Tuesday from this and thunderstorms Yesterday and Wednesday, supposedly a cold front drifting down here this weekend will either prevent strengthening or steer the system East, across the peninsula (heads up John_V, Kurt and BobThib looks like some more wet stuff coming y'alls way in a few days.

Bill
    Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill,

I've been watching the weather and the radar very closely. I have a scheduled ride with BF member DEK tomorrow morning so I hope that it will at least wait until the afternoon to rain. After yesterday's ride on a very dry MUP path (finally!), we ended up having three afternoon rain squalls that dumped a total of one inch of rain. I was afraid that the park was going to get flooded again, but this morning it was still dry. Our rain prediction is 40% tomorrow and 60% on Sunday. Good thing I don't have any weekend ride scheduled for Sunday.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of weeks ago the humidity level was dropping into the mid-60's dew point level but since Isaac it has climbed back into the high 70's. Whee!

While pushing the bike down my sand driveway a couple of hours ago, the temp was in the low 80's with humidity pushing 100%. Sweat was dripping in my eyes while just walking.

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from a ride at 1520 and riding between 2 soybean fields my thermometer read 99*F and the humidity when I got back was 85%. I was soaked with sweat. I drained a water bottle during the ride and it was short so it was cooking out today.

Supposed to be cooler and less humidity after Saturday, Tom. Maybe we will get a few comfortable days in then.

Bill

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting Sunday it should be a dream around here. Highs in the low 80's and lower humidity.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    '88 Trek 400T, '88 Diamondback Ascent EX, '56 Raleigh Superbe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High around home today was mid nineties, tomorrow, Saturday, rain in the AM and highs in the seventies. Can hardly wait.

Man of constant sorrow Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A bad dream, second time around?

I dunno. The weather in Boulder is mighty nice right about now.
    Possunt quia posse videntur. St. Dudel: Epic is stupid that you get away with.

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems the tropical weather gods have decided we are not worth messing with this time. The slip off the central Gulf Coast and form a tropical system happens to us too often in Sept-Nov. Lots of rain and high humidity the entire time it is deciding where to go. We are way up on rainfall for the year after starting down about 18" so it isn't a case of what our mid-west and southwest members are having to deal with in the drought. A relatively cool front is promised and seems headed our way so I am hoping for a nice few days before the stress of bidding two jobs we really need mid-week.

Next weekend is the 50+ PIE Ride and, I am working at the Pensacola Classic Stage Race's road race next Saturday, so the bike goes with me to ride after the course has been cleared.

Supposed to be some T'storms today, but right now it is pretty comfortable. Heading out to ride shortly to take advantage of nice weather. Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to ride what they want to ride as far as they want to ride.

Bill

My Bikes
    Only one at a time; currently a 2012 Tricross Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    A relatively cool front is promised and seems headed our way so I am hoping for a nice few days before the stress of bidding two jobs we really need mid-week.
    The front will get to you, hopefully. It's passed us and today was first cloudy, then rainy, then windy/cloudy and now nice and clear. Supposed to bottom out around 61F tonight with sub-90 highs this week for the most part, which is basically unheard of in September for us.

A friend and I shoe-horned a 26 mile ride in this morning, getting back to our cars just as it was starting to rain around 9 a.m. It later dried off enough to mow the yard (joy joy ). I think the same cooler air is headed your way, although I suspect it will still be a tad warmer for you.
    Len Philpot - 2012 Specialized Tricross Sport
    I start out slow and then taper off from there...

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're starting to see it this morning. Woke up around 4:30 this morning for my bathroom break and it was already thundering. Went to check outside, around the time I usually leave for my rides, and it was raining. Radar photos don't look very promising for sunshine today.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    Cervelo SLC-SL, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange weather this time of year. Yesterday started with sunny in the lower 90's, the front come through and we had winds in the 60's mph and some reports of tornado's, this morning it's 70 and sunny, and Tuesday's morning forecast low is upper 40s!
    You're just trying to start an argument to show how smart you are.