Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Kudos for Customer Service

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-12, 02:37 PM

Bikes: Novara Verita, Trek 4500 MTB, 72 Bianchi Rekord, 1987? Ciocc, 2010 Merckx LXM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a Sigma 1909 HR Hike computer that was not very helpful last weekend on the MS Ride in New Bern. Speed just blinked 0.0 the whole way, HR and cadence only showed occasionally. I searched a bit online to see what I could find, cleaned the contacts, remounted the head unit - no change. I called the Sigma Sports customer service line. An actual agent picked up after 2 rings (!) and proceeded to help me solve the issue. We did a few things, so I am not sure which actually solved the problem, but he was very respectful, patient and effective. Hopefully it will continue to work correctly now. If not, I'll be glad to call them again. Great customer service experience!
Old 09-14-12, 04:22 PM
Dharma Dog

Bikes: Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sigma is pretty good. I had a twist-lock mount break on me a couple of years ago. I sent them an email and they sent me a new one. Didn't even want me to return the broken one. Their 2006 and 2009 model computers (*06 and *09 designations) don't reset at 10 hours, either. You can actually use a Sigma for the entire Paris-Brest-Paris and get your totals (while you're moving, anyway).

Luis