Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My trike made the Home Page

On FFRtrikes. They renamed the configuration I bought the "FFR Hyprlite." It's the first set of pics shown when you hit their page. My trike was the actual photographic model.

I've had it about a month and am getting used to handling the bent. Like all my bikes I mainly use it to commute but it is a blast on a joy ride. I alternate riding it and one of my diamond frames since it makes a great recovery day choice. I use the motor extensively but also pedal - it uses the leg muscles differently than the diamond frames. I've gotten a solid 40 miles on one charge at average speeds in the low 20's.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mostly pedal, pedal with assist, or totally spin the electrons? That thing looks like it was designed to be a motocycle.

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
    Do you mostly pedal, pedal with assist, or totally spin the electrons? That thing looks like it was designed to be a motocycle.
    I pedal with assist. I admit the assist makes a huge difference keeping the average speed high. As I get more familiar with the trike I'm pedaling more. The gearing looks beefy - the smaller cog is a single speed freewheel. The electric RC motor is the size of a large coffee mug - quite small considering its output.
    Its design is evolved from the original trike that one of the owner's built to commute to his local college. The trike looks a lot larger in the pictures than in person.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is one gnarly-looking trike. We need your own pictures of it, btw.
    Craig in Indy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused. What is the purpose of your trike? Do they have races for power assisted trikes up Pikes Peak? (your sig line)
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."