Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Pictures of the R3

At your request here are a few more photos of the new R3. The SRAM RED midcage derailleur came in this afternoon so I was able to get it installed along with the 11-32 cassette. I've ridden about 150 miles on the bike since Thursday and I think it's going to be a nice setup. The jury is still out on the saddle though. I've been using a different style for quite a while. In fact I had already bought a new one earlier this year so it might just go on soon.

The bike is a very nice ride. I had the cassette that came on the bike until the 11-32 came in today. I did a number of hills this weekend thinking it was a 12-28 cassette. It turned out to be a 12-25 but I didn't know it until we took it off today. Even with the 25 I was able to ease up most of the hills. That tells me that this bike will climb pretty well.

All it needs right now is a water bottle and it's ready to ride. That happened right after the photos.

DSCN5137.jpg

Fairly clean with cables under the bar tape.

DSCN5146.jpg

Durable but lightweight DuraAce C24 wheels. These can be ridden everyday.

DSCN5145.jpg

A taller head tube than my other bikes but that seems to be the trend these days. Note the Squoval Down Tube and Top Tube.

DSCN5144.jpg

This is what I see. I really like the bars. Notice how the drops flare out slightly. These are 42's-I think 44's came on it. I lean towards the more narrow bars.

DSCN5142.jpg

Fizik Arione Saddle and view from the rear.

DSCN5141.jpg

Funky new brake mechanism but seems to work very well.

DSCN5140.jpg

The SRAM S900 Crank-175's. SRAM RED doesn't make one in the BB Bright bottom bracket. I really like the Look Carbon Keo Pedals. Much improved over my older ones and over 1/2 the weight.

DSCN5139.jpg

The SRAM RED Mid Cage RD plus the SRAM XX 11-32 cassette

DSCN5138.jpg

The 3T Team Seat Tube. It came with the frameset.
    DSCN5148.jpg
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use those bars and have liked them too. Can't say enough good things about the DA 24cl wheels. They roll so well, are comfortable, light and durable. Can't ask for more. Maybe cheaper? Never could get used to the Arione saddle but some people love it. I'm liking the SRAM Red group too. I'd say your bike is pretty close to perfect. If you would swap the frame for a Tarmac SWorks it would be! lol
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike. I have an R3 and R5. I have SRAM red on the R5 with a Quarq power meter and SRAM 172.5 cranks. I have the older style D/A on the R3.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suhhhhweeeet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks great.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831