Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fall Foliage Pics 2013 - Bicycling and Around your Area

Fall has come to Colorado- perhaps some snow this week?? Your area may also soon get beautiful colors!!

Post your fall foliage pictures here - as you ride or where you live or whatever.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture from my back porch this evening. Later this week the tree in front will be a brilliant red. (I've got to reset the calendar on my camera!!) On my ride today I passed glorious colors, but I didn't have a decent camera. Maybe tomorrow?

Last edited by DnvrFox; 10-02-12 at 06:48 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fall hasn't started yet here in the Willamette Valley. Our Fall colors consist mostly of steel-grey skies and dark green fir trees, but we do have a few maples that have avoided the herbicide sprayers. Last Autumn my colorblind son raced out with the camera to take some photographs of the trees along the bike path to send to a friend in Japan. His enthusiasm for the Fall colors rather surprised my wife and I since he is red-green colorblind. The trees were wonderful, but I wonder what he was seeing in them.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autumn is late over here and the trees are still trying to get a late suntan from the lack of summer. Just hope the colours arrive before the wind whips the leaves off.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still a few weeks off in DC but I will keep my new iPhone 5 with me in anticipation.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

My Bikes
    '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '85 Trek 470, '88 Trek 400T, '88 Diamondback Ascent EX, '56 Raleigh Superbe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headed out to the Bankhead National Forest this morning with wife and one granddaughter. Still too early in Alabama for good color, however most dogwoods have some nice color.

astro
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, '97 (no more, it died), Greenspeed GTVS6, '05, Trek 520, '13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Central NJ: We've had a hot, dry summer, and it seems that a lot of trees are dropping their leaves early this year.

I usually organize a "Fall Colors Ride" along a canal tow path/rail trail for members of my department. The best time has been around Halloween or even a bit later. This year, my schedule (other commitments) is telling me Oct. 27, which might turn out to be a good day with the early leaf drop!

I'll let you know what happens!

- Ed

PS: As much as I would like, I don't have a time machine, so it'll be a while before I can get you some 2013 fall colors! :-)

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is along my regular route, looking toward the Scarborough Marsh.
    Leaves are beginning to turn and it is always interesting to me to see the
    way the marsh varies through the year. At this time of year I start to consider
    that maybe I should be carrying my easel and paints and using my other bike
    more suitable for casual touring but the urge to keep going has so far won out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by groth View Post
    - Ed

PS: As much as I would like, I don't have a time machine, so it'll be a while before I can get you some 2013 fall colors! :-)
    Our fearless leader is always a step ahead of us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Carfree View Post
    Our fearless leader is always a step ahead of us.
    And snow forecast for Denver for Friday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fall has started up on the mountain.

HP6A1111-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

My Bikes
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 5 105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite turning here in Medford OR yet ... going on a road (car) trip to Wy and MT this week and hope to see some nice colors (and not white!)

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 54 here in CnTx at 5:30 AM. We have a wee, wee bit of color showing in some of the native split fork elms. Usually, they lose their leaves before they turn. It was 85 later today.

I'll get back to you in about six or eight weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a Fall picture as I had to do family things. Had to take the family out to Camber Sands which is just up the coast about 40 miles.

Camber Sands.jpg

Plenty of clean clear flat sand which makes a change from the pebbles on our beaches.

Still no Autumn Foliage.

And no riding- perfect day for it but the 25mph winds said no.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2011 Trek 8.4 DS hybrid; 2012 Felt F-75 road bike; 1990 Specialized Stumpjumper MTB; 1992 Guerciotti road bike (inactive)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, in Maryland. 2 or 3 more wks and the fall colors should be poppin!

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice 27 mile ride today with a few pics

Here are a few of the views along my regular route. Pleasant day after a few rainy ones. This is the river we sometimes use with our kayaks. Goes down to the ocean. Sometimes think I have the best of all possible worlds.
    There are subtle hues my camera misses. Guess I will have to get out my paints.

DSC03131.jpg DSC03132.jpg DSC03133.jpg
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculptor7 View Post
    Here are a few of the views along my regular route. Pleasant day after a few rainy ones. This is the river we sometimes use with our kayaks. Goes down to the ocean. Sometimes think I have the best of all possible worlds.
    There are subtle hues my camera misses. Guess I will have to get out my paints.
    I have the same problem - catching the brights of the gold and reds, in particular.

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stepped out of my house, and...
    Foliage.jpg

I can recover some of what was lost with my raw processor (delaboratory) and the Gimp. In fact, this pic is just a tad oversaturated. My Powershot A590 has built in "foliage" image settings, but I never use them. I prefer to assuage my inner control freak by using raw images instead.
    Last edited by David Bierbaum; 10-05-12 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a touchy subject in my house right now. We've had two new neighbors move in near us and both have taken down very large, beauitful trees. These four trees were somewhat landmarks in our neighborhood. Two of them were giant oak trees known to be over 100 years old. One was a very large sweet gum with wonderful bright red leaves in the fall. All four were healthy.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trees are a touchy subject everywhere. We had a neighbor with a HUGE not-too-healthy sycamore tree, and all year long, huge plate-sized brown leaves would fall out of their tree and float directly into our yard. There was a bit of a long running dispute, but in the end, the tree was just too sick, and they took it down, and planted something more reasonable... which soon died as well.

I dare say trees and property lines are the two biggest causes of neighborly friction.

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post
    This is a touchy subject in my house right now. We've had two new neighbors move in near us and both have taken down very large, beauitful trees. These four trees were somewhat landmarks in our neighborhood. Two of them were giant oak trees known to be over 100 years old. One was a very large sweet gum with wonderful bright red leaves in the fall. All four were healthy.
    That is a tragedy indeed. The oak is a tree that I think beautiful all year round because it has such a fine look even without leaves. The structure of a fine large oak tree seems to call out to me...draw me!
    We have had our share of new people in town who seem to have absolutely no respect for the things that make our town unique. Don't even want to think about the battles with town hall. Of course, the idea of people "from away" doing bad things to Maine has been around since the 19th century.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around here, the value of a large tree on one's property is about $1,000- why would one destroy $4,000 of trees?

My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few from this past week. 20MPH+ winds today, though, so they won't last long.

My Bikes
    2013 Caletti, Trek 7500 fx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDThompson View Post
    A few from this past week. 20MPH+ winds today, though, so they won't last long.

Man that's beautiful.
    there is no signature.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast