User Tag List

My Bikes
    Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking the day off - Going for a Ride!

Things are slow at work today so I'm taking the day off and going to hit the roads for 40-50 miles. Retirement is looming, but I'm waiting for the next round of layoffs; might even volunteer. I really want to ride more, but the weekends are tricky with grandsons' soccer games, tandem riding and getting the horses out; got to expand my leisure time into the week

This is a great time of year to ride. You can be outside in a tee shirt and ride with just the lightest of arm warmers and a summer-weight base layer. I'm also checking out a new saddle, a Forte Classic. I don't think it's a keeper, but it was inexpensive and I want to experience a cut-out saddle before I spring for an SMP($$$).
    Rick T
    --------
    Volagi - Triple"ized" and Tubeless
    daVinci Joint Venture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went for a ride with a friend today. Beautiful weather in central NJ. Down to Lambertville, across the Delaware to New Hope, up River Rd. in Bucks County, back into NJ at Bulls Island, through Hunterdon County and past the Sergeantsville covered bridge and across the Sourlands ridge. Then lunch in Hopewell. Just about perfect.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's what I'm talking about.

My Bikes
    Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terex View Post
    Went for a ride with a friend today. Beautiful weather in central NJ. Down to Lambertville, across the Delaware to New Hope, up River Rd. in Bucks County, back into NJ at Bulls Island, through Hunterdon County and past the Sergeantsville covered bridge and across the Sourlands ridge. Then lunch in Hopewell. Just about perfect.
    Don't know that part of NJ, but I grew up in Bergen County (River Edge). This is a nice time of the year back East. Sounds like a great ride.

I did 45 miles. New saddle felt decent, especially the cut-out, but it's a bit too narrow for me.
    Rick T
    --------
    Volagi - Triple"ized" and Tubeless
    daVinci Joint Venture