User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Has opinion, will express
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimagnolo View Post
    That is the *first* time I've ever heard of corporate drug testing including alcohol. Good for them.

As for "dealing with reality", are you saying a national drug testing company does not?
    Australia and Canada. Read the classified listings in Canadian newspapers for truck drivers and you'll find pre-employment testing is mandatory. In fact, I think the mining industry has similar requirements.

It's just astonishing that applicants fail. But as observed in the cycling context, you'd have to be dumb to get caught doping.

And as to the national drug testing company, not sure. Take a look at the cycling scenario, yet again, to see how things can be fudged to make things look better than they really are.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

My Bikes
    More than 1, but, less than S-1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The casual employment agencies I've dealt with here in NZ have mandatory pre-employment screening. And, even after the first question of, "Can you pass a drug test? If not, don't waste your time or ours taking this any further." a large percentage fail.
    Birth Certificate, Passport, Marriage License Driver's License and Residency Permit all say I'm a Fred. I guess there's no denying it.

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/bus...seys-517537560

Amazing how arrogant this guy is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Australia and Canada. Read the classified listings in Canadian newspapers for truck drivers and you'll find pre-employment testing is mandatory. In fact, I think the mining industry has similar requirements.

It's just astonishing that applicants fail. But as observed in the cycling context, you'd have to be dumb to get caught doping.

And as to the national drug testing company, not sure. Take a look at the cycling scenario, yet again, to see how things can be fudged to make things look better than they really are.
    As a truck driver working for a large carrier, not only was I required to submit to a pre-hire drug screening, but I am also subject to random testing any time my name is drawn out of a hat. Random testing protocols are mandatory for any carrier serving the United States.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

My Bikes
    surly LHT, paris sport fixie, trek 5000, fuji ss
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CREEPY, and sad also.

Has opinion, will express
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is scary that the guy has some much arrogance to set up this shot and post it. He really is in a state of denial about it all. That 181 to 1 also tells too much of a story...

And while there are some deniers in the pro-cycling forum, there is a chance this get could uglier as the Amgen pharmaceutical company appears on the horizon with its malpractice in the use of EPO to treat legitimate patients. Its links to pro cycling and LiveStrong are just a little too coincidental, in my book.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAura View Post
    CREEPY, and sad also.

When that pic first came out I "polled" a handful of old hands and ex-pros and they universally thought it was pretty funny. None of them think much of Armstrong as a human being, but they all understood and approved of the "eff you" the picture represents.

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAura View Post
    CREEPY, and sad also.

Very Cool Photo Bro...
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011