Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coach Troy and I are Working Out & Coach Troy is Winning!!

Sigh - 16F outside, everything is totally icy, as it rained then snowed a bit and then froze solid. So, out with the Spinervals. I also got to shovel the driveway, and the wife wants to swim, and I had to do therapy for my Achilles Tendon, and I did some resistance exercises. So, now off to the pool where the water temp is 78F for the lap pool - that is COLD for swimming. There is a therapy pool which is 88, but that is too hot. The coup de resistance is the hot tub at 104F.

BUT, son and daughter-in-law are going to celebrate my and my daughter-in-law's birthday for lunch at the best steak house in Denver. I guess I can handle that.

Life is tough when one is 73.

Anyone else on the trainer today?
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 11-11-12 at 08:17 AM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not on the rollers today. It's too nice here in eastern CT...sunny and low 60's so we are taking the cross bikes on a 32 mi. trail ride. Went out yesterday for about 20 miles and encountered about a dozen young people on horseback. They stopped to let us by and I was struck by the magnificence of those horses. Huge and just beautiful. What a great treat.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 90 minutes z2 on Thursday.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    48.6 miles, most of them in the rain. You know the old saying - "If it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'!'"
    Regards,
    Chuck

Demain, on roule!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    Sigh - 16F outside, everything is totally icy, as it rained then snowed a bit and then froze solid. So, out with the Spinervals. I also got to shovel the driveway, and the wife wants to swim, and I had to do therapy for my Achilles Tendon, and I did some resistance exercises. So, now off to the pool where the water temp is 78F for the lap pool - that is COLD for swimming. There is a therapy pool which is 88, but that is too hot. The coup de resistance is the hot tub at 104F.

BUT, son and daughter-in-law are going to celebrate my and my daughter-in-law's birthday for lunch at the best steak house in Denver. I guess I can handle that.

We decided to swim at the rec center instead of 24 hr fitness - the water temp is about 84, which is a nice compromise, and it is closer, and I got a lane to myself, which I usually get at 24 hr, but not always at the rec center. No hot tub, though.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck View Post
    48.6 miles, most of them in the rain. You know the old saying - "If it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'!'"
    Should I put my trainer in my shower?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should go to Sufferlandria if you want a real workout. Makes coach Troy look like a wimp.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cold and mega-windy in Omaha today so no riding. Did some core and upper body work at the gym, after a 2.1 mile run/walk on the indoor track. I love riding more than anything but it's nice to have options and variety. I think it helps overall fitness and health too. A little weight bearing is a good thing if you can manage it.

It will be trainer time soon.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zacster View Post
    Maybe you should go to Sufferlandria if you want a real workout. Makes coach Troy look like a wimp.
    Being wimpish is just fine with me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously though, the sufferfest videos really make you work and somehow keep it more interesting.

Randomhead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode 200k yesterday and my body was telling me to skip today, but the weather was so beautiful I had to go and ride. We have some of the best gravel roads anywhere. I don't think climbing mountains is a recommended recovery ride, but I'll leave the recovery for the work week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
    I rode 200k yesterday and my body was telling me to skip today, but the weather was so beautiful I had to go and ride. We have some of the best gravel roads anywhere. I don't think climbing mountains is a recommended recovery ride, but I'll leave the recovery for the work week.
    It's coming your way. Get out the long underwear. Supposed to be 0 in the mtns and about 10F or so here tonight.

astro
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, '97 (no more, it died), Greenspeed GTVS6, '05, Trek 520, '13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Denver, it was a beautiful day for a ride here in Central Jersey. Clear skies, mid 60s. 34 miles. Sort of made up for Sandy a little bit. Yesterday was a good day for a ride too, but I spent the day with a chain saw!

- Ed
    Last edited by groth; 11-11-12 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should I put my trainer in my shower?
    I rather like this idea. You can HTFU while washing away any road grime from the bike.....
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright