User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 goals met/reset? Getting close? Lost interest? Miles, smiles, other.........

Ten more miles and I meet my modest mileage goal for this year. Probably will go out and do it in the afternoon after T-giving meal. Unless overindulgence at the table leads to a cardio respiratory arrest or acute respiratory compromise. Or gastrointestinal demise.

How y'all doin'?
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Origin8 monstercross, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little behind on my primary goal of 4000 miles. I'm happy with my weight and I'm maintaining a good pace. I've overcome my anxiety of very steep climbs and now enjoy hilly routes. Not a bad year, overall.
    Last edited by Barrettscv; 11-23-12 at 09:19 AM.
    When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goals? What goals? I don't need no stinking goals.

(Paraphrase of mis-quote from the novel "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". I leave out the actual quote, in recognition of the delicate sensibilities of other forum members.)
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting real close and should meet my yearly goal tomorrow. However, with the time change and the cold weather, November has been an awful month for me. And, it's showing in my waste line and the bathroom scale. I'm going to have to "suck it up" and get some consistent mileage in.
    Deut 6:5

---

"Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
    - Vizzini during his "battle of wits" with the Man in Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in January I set what I thought was a reasonably ambitious goal of 1500 miles this year. Due to a lighter than expected work schedule this spring I met that goal by June 30th. I now have over 3000 miles ytd. I am guessing that my goal for next year will be to meet or exceed my pace for riding this year on a month by month basis. I would like to do at least 3000 miles next year.

Of course I am not done riding this year weather permitting.
    "The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles" Butch Cassidy

My Bikes
    LHT, Trek 1.2, Specialized Roubaix Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have a goal at the beginning of this year, but in my third year of seriously cycling for fun I'm within reach of 4000 miles. Would like to get that before the years ends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I might get 5,000. Wouldn't really call it a goal. More of a dream. Can't find enough time for the long rides though, so I'll end up around 3,500. But I'm achieving the goal of having a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met this year's goal of 5,812 miles on 10/21/12. I'm now working on my double-secret goal. It's classified, and if I told you, then I'd have to... well you know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not smiled nearly enough, but I am working on it. With weather like today's - 70F+ - it won't be hard. I will likely meet my smiling goal (however, I don't know how many smiles are my goal), and I don't record my smiles because that would be a "frown" experience.

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lost interest in the mileage. Just trying to keep the poundage down.

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up and Down year for me.

Bought 2 new bikes.

Enjoyed two weeks riding in Tennessee.

Took off 6 weeks because of the extreme summer heat.

Riding 45,000 crash free miles, Then crashed three times.

7,800 miles ytd

Feeling good.
    Last edited by 10 Wheels; 11-21-12 at 07:19 PM.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

My Bikes
    1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My goal was 5,000 miles this year. As of today I am at 6.500 and will hit 7,000 in the next few weeks. Going to Florida for 10 days of riding!!

My Bikes
    2011 Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220, 1991 Bianchi Osprey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what my original goal was - I'm guessing it was 6000 or 7000 - but soon after the first of the year whatever plans I might have had got wrecked by the problems that kept me off the bike until mid-July. But riding just half the year I'll make 3500 miles, which is pretty good.

If I stay healthy next year, I'll be looking for 6000 miles. I'll be doing lots of business travel, which will likely keep me from the 7000-8000 range, which is where I'd prefer to be.

My Bikes
    91 Klein Quantum Road Bike,2011 CF Specialized Tarmac road bike. 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit 6000 miles last week. Didn't think I would get it after flying through the back window of a car that short stopped in front of me after pulling into the bike lane last March. I was back on the backup bike in a week and on a replacement bike in a month. I am a little better on hills than I was but I seems to be slower in the group than I used to be. Maybe they are just faster.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein.

My Bikes
    2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started riding in April / May and really didn't have any real goals -- but I thought at the time that it would be great to ride over a thousand miles (which seemed like a lot)... I am at something over double that now...

But my real goal was to improve my cardio fitness (which I discoverered was in pretty bad shape when I started) -- and that has improved dramatically. It still isn't where I would like it to be. But, honestly, I didn't know that I could feel this good!

So, I guess I made my real goal... But I still have more to go...
    --------------------------------------
    bikes: 1992 Cannondale R500, 2012 Trek DS 8.5, 2008 LeMond Poprad

My Bikes
    2011 Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220, 1991 Bianchi Osprey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBMac View Post
    I just started riding in April / May and really didn't have any real goals -- but I thought at the time that it would be great to ride over a thousand miles (which seemed like a lot)... I am at something over double that now...

But my real goal was to improve my cardio fitness (which I discoverered was in pretty bad shape when I started) -- and that has improved dramatically. It still isn't where I would like it to be. But, honestly, I didn't know that I could feel this good!

So, I guess I made my real goal... But I still have more to go...
    GeorgeB: Granted, people in the 50+ group have a variety of attitudes towards miles/smiles and so on. But one of the wonderful lessons that we all learn when we are new is that 1000 miles really isn't that much. It seemed stupendous to me in my first year, when I got to 1500 or so. But not now.

So I'm curious to see what you do in 2013. I'll wager that it will be in the neighborhood of 4000. That's my guess.

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much all my goals for this year went out the window when I had emergency surgery last April, and was off the bike for the best part of two months. I never really have mileage goals, but I did have to miss some events I really wanted to do -- Mountains of Misery #4, Bike Virginia #5, and a mini-vacation to do some riding in North Carolina.

My goal right now is not to regain ALL the weight I lost when I was sick last spring... Probably will miss that one too
    2009 Cervelo R3SL TdF Edition, Ultegra Di2
    2011 Cervelo R5, DA Di2

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year my goals are

1) 4,500 miles. I'll exceed that today when I'm leading the Thanksgiving Day Appetite Inducer ride for the club.

2) Bike commute every workday. 186 workdays down, 20 to go (plus any subbing I pick up along the way).

3) No crashes. So far, so good.

This was also the year I figured I'd slow down on buying bikes and bike stuff. That's worked out too. I've routinely been taking money out of the bike budget and putting it in savings.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My goal for the last few years has bee 2500 miles. Being from Nebr, and hating to ride when its cold, at least 4 months are out for me. Occasionally a warm day will pop up in those months. The winter of 2005-2006 was good as I managed to ride at least one day a month all winter long.

This year with a warm spring for a change I am up to over 2800 miles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF22003 View Post
    Pretty much all my goals for this year went out the window when I had emergency surgery last April, and was off the bike for the best part of two months. I never really have mileage goals, but I did have to miss some events I really wanted to do -- Mountains of Misery #4, Bike Virginia #5, and a mini-vacation to do some riding in North Carolina.

My goal right now is not to regain ALL the weight I lost when I was sick last spring... Probably will miss that one too
    Hang in there. Two years ago I became VERY ill and I lost a lot of weight. I gained quite a bit back BUT with diet and exercise I am slowly losing it and this time in a good way.
    My current stable:

1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
    2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have met and exceeded my mileage goals.

That includes a 1060 miles month, climbing to the Village at Mount Baldy, two century rides, and last week riding in the pouring rain for the ADA Tour de Cure.

2012 was a very good year indeed!
    My current stable:

1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
    2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)

Old, SLOW bike rider! ;)
    My Bikes
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kinda goal was 3000 miles and if I get a 150 miles by the end of Dec. I'll have "4000" miles, which is much better than I thought! Last Nov. I had a massive puesdo-gout attack in my left knee and was having to use a cane for 2+ months while recovering!
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB, converted to a "comfort bike"! :)

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall setting a mileage goal at the beginning of the year, but, just on the road bike(which I got in the beginning of March, 2012) I've put over 6500 miles. If I add the miles I managed, after hand surgery, on the comfort/hybrid bike(around 700 or 800), I think with the remaining rides in the year, I may do 8000.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Goals set for this year and I am a little behind on them.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't set any formal goals this season, other than to ride more than '11, and with a full season of TNR club membership and rides, that was pretty much guaranteed. I finished last year at just under 1200, and will end this year with over a thousand more.
    Craig in Indy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast