Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Third 100 miler

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third 100 miler

in 3 weeks. Same route for each one. Only about 4000 ft of climbing so pretty flat. A touch more headwind the last 30 miles this week. We do these every Saturday in December but I started the Friday after Thanksgiving. Just 3 more to go. We had a good group today for the first 35 miles -probably 60+ people. Then 2/3 split off to do the 70 mile version.

I have figured out that the longer I'm out there the more calories I'm burning.....at least that is what I'm telling people for why I'm so slow.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow? You can't be THAT slow... If I attempted a century I would have to make hotel reservations so I could finish it the next day.

Way to go!

Except for this forum and guys in my LBS I do not know a single person who could do what you are doing.

If you aren't proud of yourself, go talk to your doctor. He'll tell you what you are doing: You're frustrating the hell out of all those people looking forward to collecting on your life insurance.

--------------------------------------
    bikes: 1992 Cannondale R500, 2012 Trek DS 8.5, 2008 LeMond Poprad

My Bikes
    Varied and subject to change
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I've been riding all year to get ready to do one century and I haven't done it yet. Maybe next year. I've been riding 100 miles per week and I'm retired. Now that winter is here, it'll be May or June next year before I can even attempt what you're doing on a weekly basis!
    Below knee amputee, left
    Riding every chance I get
    Tandem riding with my wife
    "Tour de Cure" American Diabetes Assoc Charity bike ride.
    2012 Salsa Fargo "Drop bar 29er Adventure bike"
    2013 Cannondale CAADX Cyclocross bike, "Do it all road bike"
    Mid 90s Burley Duet Tandem "Always a project under construction"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    in 3 weeks. Same route for each one. Only about 4000 ft of climbing so pretty flat. A touch more headwind the last 30 miles this week. We do these every Saturday in December but I started the Friday after Thanksgiving. Just 3 more to go. We had a good group today for the first 35 miles -probably 60+ people. Then 2/3 split off to do the 70 mile version.

I have figured out that the longer I'm out there the more calories I'm burning.....at least that is what I'm telling people for why I'm so slow.
    Come in jppe - who do you think you are kidding? "Just a casual 100 miler to while away the morning" - "Oh my gosh, I'm getting fat!" Yeah, sure.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4000 feet may not be super-hilly, but it ain't flat either. Sounds like a great ride! It was snowing all morning here in mid-Michigan. But, at least I got some work done on my lowracer!