FYI
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

tcs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    If you post that here, make sure you expand the chart so it's big enough for old eyes to actually see.
    "When man first set woman on two wheels with a pair of pedals, did he know, I wonder, that he had rent the veil of the harem in twain? A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Typewriter Girl, 1899.

"Every so often a bird gets up and flies some place it's drawn to. I don't suppose it could tell you why, but it does it anyway." Ian Hibell, 1934-2008

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    If you post that here, make sure you expand the chart so it's big enough for old eyes to actually see.
    It's already posted here - see the current age poll. No changes were made in type size, etc.

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    You can use the zoom feature in your browser btw to make it larger.

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikey,
    Denver pointed that fact out in the 41 and someone still complained after a reader enlarged the graph and posted it for everyone. You cannot make everyone happy and some people just don't want to be happy, regardless of what you do. I thought that the replies, other than the 50+ regulars that responded, were pretty civilised, especially for the 41, that forum has changed its tone a lot over the last two years, to me.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 12-14-12 at 05:19 AM.
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Has opinion, will express
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well actually, the poll was posted in the original post as a graphic and does not browser zoom as with the other text around it. So what was pointed out in the 41 by the OP was wrong. Thankfully, another poster fixed the problem by copying and enlarging the graphic.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Well actually, the poll was posted in the original post as a graphic and does not browser zoom as with the other text around it. So what was pointed out in the 41 by the OP was wrong. Thankfully, another poster fixed the problem by copying and enlarging the graphic.
    It the words of the minions, "Whaaaat?!"

Hold the ctrl key down and use the scroll wheel on your mouse or the +/- key on your numberpad.

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    Mikey,
    Denver pointed that fact out in the 41 and someone still complained after a reader enlarged the graph and posted it for everyone. You cannot make everyone happy and some people just don't want to be happy, regardless of what you do.
    I thought all of those particular posts were jokes. I took them that way.
    Craig in Indy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Maybe it doesn't in your browser, but it sure works (control+) in mine. Control+ enlarges it so much it won't even fit on the page. BTW, this is a silly discussion. It was perfectly readable as posted. I wouldn't have suggested that the poster who could not see do that without testing it first on my own browser.

This is what it looks like - this is a full screen shot using ^+. Of course, it doesn't fill the screen here as it was converted into a jpg and then imported. But, you should get the idea.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 12-13-12 at 06:42 AM.

Has opinion, will express
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It didn't work on my browser. You make the mistake of assuming what works for you works for everyone else... it's common error for those new to IT.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works on my Windows computer, in either Chrome or IE. I don't know about others. I did have to remind myself to use the shift key at the same time as the other two, so the computer understands I want the "+" and not the "=" when I do it. That makes it a 3-key operation to enlarge it, and a 2-key operation to reduce it.
    Craig in Indy

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked fine on my laptop, Windows XP, Firefox and IE browsers. That is one "shortcut" I always remember because of my aging eyes and all the fine print I had to read on engineering documents and plan sets, a very helpful widget.

Craig, I wonder what causes the need for the third key stroke on your system? I tried my wife's laptop and desk top with W7 and Firefox and it worked on them too with CTRL and +/-.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 12-14-12 at 03:48 PM.
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    2013 Caletti, Trek 7500 fx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    It worked fine on my laptop, Windows XP, Firefox and IE browsers. That is one "shortcut I always remember because of my aging eyes and all the fine print I had to read on engineering documents and plan sets, a very helpful widget.

Craig, I wonder what causes the need for the third key stroke on your system? I tried my wife's laptop and desk top with W7 and forefox and it worked on them too with CTRL and +/-.

Bill
    This in large part depends on your keyboard. My keyboard, for example, has a +/= key - + is the shift plus key output, = is the unshifted key output.
    there is no signature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about others - did it work on your browsers? ^+ or shift^+ - to magnify I would guess that the shift^+ would be needed on many laptops.

So far reported working on Firefox, Chrome, IE and my AOL (which uses IE)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...or use a scroll wheel mouse instead of a track pad. Ctrl + Scroll up eguals +zoom & Ctrl + Scroll down equals -zoom. But, many are now using tablets and Ipads and I'm unsure of zooming with those unless using gestures allows you to zoom in/out--also, an external mouse might be a pain is using a notebook on the couch or bed.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Firefox, I right click on it and select "view." That gives me the original size., which is big enough to read.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
    In Firefox, I right click on it and select "view." That gives me the original size., which is big enough to read.
    Yep, and if you have a scroll wheel mouse, you can click on "View Image" with your scroll wheel(like a middle button pressing directly down, not scrolling) and it will open the image in a new tab. In fact, if you click on any link, generally, with the middle button, aka. scroll wheel, the link will open in a new tab.