Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Xmas Quiz. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/862309-xmas-quiz.html)

stapfam 12-12-12 03:28 PM

Xmas Quiz.

1 Attachment(s)
I'll start the first question

What are you hoping Santa is going to bring you this year that is Cycle related? I am hoping for a decent Video Camera for the bike but I reckon that if I am going to get the right one- I will have to save and buy it myself. I already have one that had good ratings and writeups and was cheap--But I now realise that only one seems to do the job I want it to. Unless any of you know better.

But Xmas Quiz--http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=288124

An old one I know but can't get the images I want off Facebook right now.

Rwc5830 12-12-12 03:32 PM

I asked my two sons to get me this.

http://www.bicyclemovies.com/bicyclemovies/shop/

The 3 pack

Shamrock 12-12-12 05:26 PM

Santa I would like a good bike light I was a good boy and ate all my vegetables.I'm tired of riding indoors already.I'm going to try riding with a bike light.I never see anyone around here with a light for the road.Red blinking on rear but never a beam in the front.I guess I'll be the first.

Rick@OCRR 12-12-12 06:52 PM

I actually have too much "stuff" already so he can pass me by, but if Santa brings a good Christmas to my grandkids, that makes me way happy enough:).

Rick / OCRR

europa 12-13-12 01:31 AM

Sadly, I know that ' Santa' can't afford what I want :cry:
I want to fit a Sturmey Archer S3X, 3 speed fixed gear hub to my Hillbrick (currently a normal fixed gear). Cheap to do with the cheap hubs on ebay but they are all 36h hubs and my rims are 32h. This leads to building a new wheel only the wheels are Miche who don't sell rims and not in 36h anyway so I'd have to build a complete wheelset because I don't want mismatched wheels. You can get 32h S3X hubs, but only through real shops with price tags about three times the cheap hubs on ebay. Occasionally you'll see wheelset on ebay at a decent price but they don't ship to Australia :notamused:
Sooooooooo, I WILL get my S3X rear end, but it's going to be more than poor old Santa can afford. I have however, requested financial donations and if I sell some stuff... :D

CraigB 12-13-12 06:18 AM

A pair of Giro Privateer shoes and a Hitchrider Truckee Switch rack for hauling the trikes or a combination of trike and bike.

Doohickie 12-13-12 09:01 AM

I pretty much know what I'm getting, since I ordered it and had to send the hubs: I'm getting my Raleigh DL-1 wheels rebuilt with new rims by Yellow Jersey in Madison. According to their email, they should be to be before Christmas.

Old Sarge 12-13-12 09:29 AM

I know that Santa is giving me a bicycle, the first one (s)he has ever brought me. It is a Specialized Expedition Sport and I am anxiously awaiting Christmas day so I can start riding it.

Phil_gretz 12-13-12 10:08 AM

Nothing, Really...

I've mentioned to my family that I'd love a pair of wool/silk blend socks that aren't heavy boot thickness.

Other than that, I really don't need or want anything. Seriously.

I just hope not to fail in the gifts that I give to my wife and daughters. That's my focus.

osco53 12-13-12 03:58 PM

I'm getting exactly what I want,,A month off work starting next week,,
I'm spending Christmas day with the,,,,,,relatives,,,, I wouldn't let them move in with me for a week,,,my poor niece,,LOL
yep, about four or five hours with the crazy people,,,errrr my family and I'm gone...
I can ride my Tour Easy bent,,or I can ride my Harley or I can ride my Tour Easy bent,,or I can ride my Harley,,etc XD....

I'm In Florida so nothing can stop me XD

I like choosing what I want for myself, I don't need things, there are no fancy do-dad's on my Recumbent. I'm In It
for the ride. I need time for myself.
My wife and I dropped about $275 In toys to a small group who makes shure the poor kids In that community get a toy.

It's funny, Once your past 50 each day is a gift so I jusy don't need things as much anymore..

Merry Christmas all :)

Ruby13 12-13-12 04:10 PM

CraigB, I have a pair of the Giro Privateer in black and they are very comfy and stiff for the price. Got them here (attached) with free shipping.

http://www.campmor.com/giro-privatee...shoe-men.shtml

freedomrider1 12-13-12 08:09 PM

I think santa is getting this kid a Cannondale Caad 10-3.:thumb:

koolerb 12-13-12 08:23 PM

From Nashbar, a big orange pump from my wife, spoke wrenches from my 14 year old, and cold weather riding gloves from my 11 year old. From CBO, a smokin deal Raceface crankset from my mom. From Target, the annual hot sauce gift pack from my 8 year old. Awesome Christmas!!!

eay 12-13-12 08:24 PM

My birthday taillight is late, so I suppose it might get here by Xmas.
I'm playing bicycle Santa this year, since my husband is getting his OWN torque wrench for his December birthday, and a splendid Arkel trunk bag (the new 'expedition' type) as well as arm warmers and a bright yellow windbreaker for Xmas. He does not read this board so I'm safe posting.

k7baixo 12-13-12 10:51 PM

I'm so excited. My wife mentioned that my Christmas gift, a pair of cycling shoes, is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. She also said I wouldn't have to wait to enjoy them either. I get one tomorrow and the other one on Christmas Day. True love I tell you! True love!

maddmaxx 12-14-12 05:38 AM

1 set of hubs.

2 new rims.

3 boxes of spokes

Oh crap. Is N+1/12 at a time the same as N+1.

CraigB 12-14-12 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby13 (Post 15047091)
CraigB, I have a pair of the Giro Privateer in black and they are very comfy and stiff for the price. Got them here (attached) with free shipping.

http://www.campmor.com/giro-privatee...shoe-men.shtml

That's actually the very link I gave to Santa when asked for my list. That was the best price I found anywhere.

NOS88 12-14-12 10:41 AM

I’m asking both of my sons to issue redeemable certificates good for bike rides with them.

JPFremin 12-14-12 11:35 AM

I'm set bike-wise for Christmas except for a new wireless computer. When I built my new bike I used larger diameter drop bars so my old computer doesn't fit.

lhbernhardt 12-14-12 12:50 PM

Hey, you can get a lump of coal (carbon), shaped like a fork, or a handlebar, or a seatpost, or rims...

Luis

bjjoondo 12-14-12 01:00 PM

Well, we don't normally buy anything for each other for Christmas BUT, I've laid a hint to the daughter and son-in-law, that I REALLY need a new "chain cleaner machine" and a warmer pair of late fall/winter full finger riding gloves! Hopefully one or the other will show up under the tree! ;)

Doug64 12-14-12 06:21 PM

Originally posted by Rick@OCCR
I actually have too much "stuff" already so he can pass me by, but if Santa brings a good Christmas to my grandkids, that makes me way happy enough.
+1

oilman_15106 12-14-12 10:46 PM

If Santa puts any cycling stuff under my tree I may need a divorce lawyer.

cranky old dude 12-15-12 06:50 AM

I wish for a ride with my children.

climberguy 12-15-12 12:13 PM

I'm hoping for some warm cycling gloves for winter riding. In case hope isn't enough, I'm planning to stop by a LBS this afternoon. :)